Casa Real
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslarge bathroomsitting arealiving roomwalking distancehome away from homevery nice hotelparquesofafurniturechicotelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two occasions at the end of November, initially for three nights and then a week later for another two nights. This is the first hotel “Economic Traveller” has given an “Excellent” status. Why, because the management and staff of the hotel provide what we all want, “Excellent Service”.
This is a relatively small sized, reasonably priced hotel which is located in an upmarket area of Bogota, close to many good quality shops, restaurants and bars.
As the hotel is in a built up area you do not have much of view from the rooms, but they are all large self contained suites with lounge area, en suite and kitchen facilities.
The rooms are on 6 floors serviced by a lift and a distinctive spiral staircase, the largest rooms being 01 and 02 on each floor. (ie 301 or 402 etc.) There is an underground secure car park one floor down from the reception area.
We had several meals in the restaurant area, including breakfast and dinner and found the food and service to be very good. Wifi is available free throughout the hotel and there is a business centre on the ground floor.
But without doubt the level of care and service offered to guests was outstanding. One example occurred when we asked for a taxi to be ordered for us to spend an afternoon visiting parts of the original Bogota city. Because the hotel could not find an English speaking driver, the manager, at no cost to ourselves, arranged for one of his staff who does speak English to accompany us to avoid any security issues. Well done Casa Real. Do we recommend? What do you think!

Room Tip: Rooms (suites) ending 01 and 02 are larger and located at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank EconomicTraveller
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We recently visited Bogota and had a great stay at the hotel. The hotel is very homey and comfortable....you don't feel like you are in a big box hotel. The difference maker was the staff from the moment we walked in the hotel ( 7 hours before normal check-in) to every interaction, we were greeted with a friendly group of employees eager to assist and make our stay enjoyable. So nice to be greeted each morning and the staff genuinely cares about how your visit has been and your plans for the day. Only drawback was that mattress is a little hard. A subsequent visit would 100% include staying at this property. Also important to mention the proximity to the Parque 93 area and great recommendation for a tour guide (Oscar).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gingercayenne
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I definitely prefer the little touches you get when you find a good, small-medium sized family run hotel. And that's exactly what we got at Casa Real.
The location is very good, right near Parque de la 93. But the casual atmosphere and friendly staff - from the owners, Felipe and his mother Maria, right down the line - is amazing. They not only helped us with where to go and what to see in Bogota, but also gave great advice for our next destinations, Manizales and Salento.
Most other guests we met had been to Casa Real before, and have stayed there every time they've been in Bogota since. Next time I'm in Bogota, I will be one of these people!
Great stay. Thank you to the team there - you were amazing!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Brent H
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a clean, adequate, hotel. It is not a great hotel. Price, however, was very reasonable. Rooms are good sized and very clean. The included breakfast is adequate.

Casa Real was recommended to me for its supposedly excellent location, two blocks from Parque de la 93, which is sorrrounded by numerous restaurants. The problem is that I was not able to find one good restaurant among them. Several of the restaurants are outlets of big US fast food chains, others are a little better but not by much. Various restaurants had live and very loud music playing. In general Parque de la 93 is sorrounded more by a loud bar scene for youths, instead of good restaurants or cafes for adults who want to enjoy a nice dinner or simply have a quiet conversation and relax.

A better choice would have been one of the hotels located closer to Centro Comercial Andino and the T Zone, which is a pedestrian area with restaurants that are not not much better than those around Parque de la 93, but at least not as loud and with a nicer ambiance, I think.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had a very nice stay recently at Casa Real. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was great, and the location was excellent with all sorts of great bars and restaurants within a short walk. Breakfast was also great, featuring made to order omelettes and waffles. Overall I felt the hotel offered a great value.

One word of caution. WhileI was there (May 2013) there was a lot of construction going on at the hotel. It looked like they are in the process of renovating the rooms. For the most part, the work was confined to the hours of 9-5, so didn't interfere with sleeping, however, I also needed to do work and make calls from my room during business hours a couple of the days, and this was virtually impossible with the loud construction taking place in the neighboring room. I know that renovations sometimes need to be done. My only complaint is that this was not pointed out to me when I booked the hotel.

I am sure the work will be done soon, and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms (farther from the lobby) are likely better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CBEB1
catalinaholguin, Public Relations Manager at Casa Real, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Casa Real staff I want to thank you for writing this amazing review! You point out all the things that make Casa Real a great stay: our friendly staff, confortable rooms and great location. Bogota is the kind of city where location makes the difference between a great and memorable stay or a really unconfortable stay. We are indeed making renovations in order to offer more versatile and confortable rooms. I wish you happy travels and a prompt return to Bogota!