“Great location”

Ranked #105 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Miami, FL
“Great location”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights while exploring Bogota. The rooms are more like small apartments, spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The location was great, a sort walking distance from bars and restaurants, and a very drive to another area full of things to do. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami
Reviewed 7 October 2009

This is a safe bet when traveling to Bogota, the place is clean, the employees are friendly and the hotel is within walking distance of some really good reastaurants, bars and shops.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Great location! Walking distance to Parque de la 93 where you can find some fine restaurants, shops, bars, clubs. Not very far from financial district, shopping malls. Located in a very quiet, residential area in one of the best neighborhoods in town. The staff can't be more friendly, they are always there to help and assist you to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and well furnished. Breakfast buffet is included and you will not leave the hotel a bit hungry! Quality food and great service! I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
DC
Reviewed 17 June 2009

From the moment we pulled up to the place, the warmth of the staff and place made us feel at home. Our suite was on the ground floor....very simple, clean and perfect. And their continental breakfast is no joke! Freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs (your choice), fresh fruits and warm baked goods (including pan de yuco which is tradition in colombia) every morning. The location was perfect.....one block from Parque 93 and walking distance to la Zona T which is where the shopping centers (plus more restaurants and bars) is located. I had never been to Bogota before so finding the right hotel and location was very important and we certainly nailed it with Casa Real which is indeed, home away from home. Look no further....this is the place to be.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Arkansas
Reviewed 3 May 2009

The hotel wasn't as nice as I expected based on the reviews I read. The room we had was a junior suite, supposedly non-smoking. Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk staff were pleasant. They allowed us to check-in and eat breakfast even though we arrived very early. The continental breakfast was decent.

The room itself was a disappointment. As soon as we entered the room, it had a vague odor which I later realized was stale cigarette smoke. The room decoration and furniture were modern, and the bed was comfortable. The television was very out-dated.

The bathroom needed remodeling. There were holes in the wall where there used to be a telephone. My wife and I tried to take a bubble bath in the dingy whirlpool tub, but the plug was damaged. After that, we tried to take use the shower which would constantly change temperature. The shower stall door was difficult to close which allowed it to leak. The was only one piece of soap in the room even though there was a kitchenette with a sink, a sink in the bathroom, a tub and a shower.

When we checked out of the hotel, we mentioned that we were supposed to have a non-smoker's room. The front desk staff didn't bother to respond. So, that was my experience at the Casa Real. Your mileage my vary.

If you're planning to go to Bogota, select your hotel early because last minute shoppers will have few good options. I've stayed in more than a few hotels in Bogota and each has room for improvement. Or, you can wait until 2010 when the new Marriott is completed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank more_science
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 10 April 2009

We stayed inthis hotel for four nights. It is located 1 1/2 blocks away from Parque de la 93. A place full of the best restaurants of Bogota and exciting nightlife. The staff is very friendly and willing to help all the time. They help you make your stay as pleasant as possible. Zona Rosa is only a few minutes away by taxi. There are great malls in the area too. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I've been to Bogotá three times in the past year for work and this is by far my favorite of the three hotels I've stayed in (the other two were the Tequendama and the GHL Comfort Los Heroés). The hotel is located in Parque 93, a very safe neighborhood in the north of Bogotá. As a single female traveler, I never felt at all cautious or unsafe about the hotel or walking around the area by myself. There are lots of restaurants and coffee shops about three blocks away in Parque 93 or about a 15 minute walk to the shopping areas / Zona T. For me, the hotel's location was perfect - very close to the Parque 93/Zona T neighborhoods without any of the noise.

Once I arrived, I was given a welcome gift of artisinal chocolates, offered a drink, and taken upstairs to my room. The room was enormous, one of the largest I've ever stayed in. It was set up like a mini-apartment, so there was a kitchenette, a sitting area, the bed, and then a very spacious bathroom, complete with a jacuzzi. I had made a standard booking via my company's travel agent (couldn't find a website or I would have booked it myself) and was very surprised at the extra large size and jacuzzi. The rooms had free wi-fi, which could handle Skype calls and ichat. The prices are extremely fair, especially for the area. In my experience breakfast was about average, with a nice selection of tropical fruit. I especially enjoyed the turn-down service, which came with another piece of the chocolate! The staff was very accommodating, and on the day I checked out of the hotel I was feeling sick and they gave me some Alka Selzer and water to take with me in the cab. Definitely would recommend to anyone visiting Bogotá!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business