“unforgetable honney moon” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #173 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
New York City, New York
“unforgetable honney moon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

it was actually a pretty good hotel i didnt hear not noise my wife and me had a very good time and it was very close to restaurants and clubs we enjoy it the people working in the hotel were very helpfull and well spoken i sincerily recomend this hotel
i will never forgete my honney moon and part of this enjoyment has to see with this hotel thanks BACATA HOTEL

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Whidbey Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Hotel Bacata has seen better days. The location on a busy street corner makes it very noisy.

The staff is willing, the beds comfortable and the bathroom old but OK. Food in the pizza parlor was acceptable but nothing great.

Look around before deciding where to lay your head in Bogota.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2009

Sink and shower water was all mud. I was told to let the water run for a while to fix it. After two days I requested a new room. To change rooms took forever. At last, I was moved to another room with cleaner water but it was a considerable downgraded in bed and bedding quality (more like old rags!), and in room size. Also, they had a constant shortage of towels on any given floor (reported by several guests).
In the end, I was overcharged for my stay by about US$100+ and it took over 45 minutes of discussion to check out. I ended up paying the extra amount in order not to miss my flight. And, all this was after anticipated trouble with their poor management, I did a pre-check -out of the bill the day before, another 45 minutes of hotel business. Unfortunately, much of my precious conference time was spent dealing with many, many more problems sorting out their ineptitude. Except, they were very good at charging at their leisure and in making it impossible to understand the complicated billing. (One of the people helping me do the pre-check-out admitted to not understanding the system herself). AND, if you don't pay their surprise prices at check out, they try to hold your luggage! When I tried to pay with AMEX, it was the only card that would not go through...what is that telling you???
I have travelled a lot and never had I experienced so many inconveniences in one go. Here I am only listing SOME of the main troubles I experienced. I was informed that they are under new management...whatever that means! I would not risk a repeat performance.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bogota hotels

USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2007

The stay was fine but somebody stole my professional camera hadbag and wallet from my room. I received back the handbag empty a while ago. The Hotel promised to do something. I am still waiting.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business