“EXCELLENT CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATION”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #36 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and I had one of the best experiences in Bogota, I'd definitely go with another image of this country, the Lancaster Hotel team is the best I have ever visited, let alone the fantastic choice of food as general desire to return soon, fully recomedable to anyone thinking of visiting Bogota .loved it

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Ken401, We are pleased to learn that your stay at Lancaster House was a great experience for you and your family. It’s nice to learn that you leave Colombia with a positive image. It was a pleasure having all of you and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed at the Hotel from 2-15-13 until 02-19-13. The Hotel is always updating and making my stay as pleasant as possible. The staff goes all out to make sure I am very happy. Lancaster House is the only hotel I book when I go to Bogota. I believe this is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel and I continue to happy with everything. The area is very nice and offers many choices for nightlife as well as great places to dine. Thanks again for a great stay in Bogota.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cappy 33, It pleases us to hear that you are a returning guest to Lancaster House. Knowing that we have become your preferred hotel in Bogota is a great compliment to all of us at Lancaster House. We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Booked my stay a month ago for $119. It was the cheapest hotel this far north.

The good:
Professional and corteous Staff, HUGE room with a full kitched (didnt use it), 3 single beds a sofa and a patio. TV and stereo.
Both breakfast and room service were good too (albeit a little pricey)
For my needs, it was an excellent location as it is right on the HWY North (had to do business in nearby town of chia).

The Bad: There wasnt a double bed...but I slept comfortably.

Room Tip: If you want to walk around the hotel during your stay,and see the city I do not recommend this hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear pelorrucho38, we are placed you found our staff professional and courteous, and our rooms comfortable.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel in Bogota. The hotel is great value for money (although it was low season in Bogota so I don't know if the same prices apply all year round). The rooms are enormous, comfortable and clean although the decor is rather grim. Breakfast was quite good.
The staff do spring to attention to offer help but we discovered after a day that this seems to come at quite a price. We arranged a taxi through the front desk and the price of the taxi for the afternoon was quoted at 25k pesos per hour. When we arrived back the driver tried to charge us $30 US per hour. It was quite clear to us that the guy on the front desk had organised this with the driver (who is attached to the hotel) and the hotel were very concerned to have us drop the matter.
The bill on check-out was presented as a final figure and we couldn't check the individual items. We weren't happy to take the figure on trust but had no choice as the staff knew we had to hurry for a flight and they failed to produce a bill until we were almost running out of time to get to the airport (and certainly out of time to ask for an itemised bill). We have no proof but it seemed very high..
If you use this hotel and need a taxi or other services hail one outside in the street. Taxis in Bogota are safe and plentiful. Oh - and ask for an itemised bill or watch your tab.

Room Tip: Don't use the hotel driver - grab a cab in the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Corriespy,
Thank you for your comments. I feel it is important to make clear that when you requested the taxi, it was for travel within the city limits and the price was given accordingly. Afterwards you decided to travel outside of Bogota visiting such towns as Zipaquira and Guatavita.
For any guest an itemized bill is available at check-out. If requested it is given with no delay. Had you requested this itemized bill, it would have been given to you.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Lancaster house is a great hotel, excellent location, big rooms, good value, excellent internet and breakfast included. There were many international guests and I understand the US and other embassies have their guests stay here.

They provided excellent service as I was nervous about visiting Columbia, but Lancaster House arranged a car and driver to pick me up at the airport and then give me tours of both the Salt Catherdal and the city. I felt totally safe at all times.

All staff were completely bi-ligual making communication very easy.

All in all a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: I did not use the pool or spa so I have not rated them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear EdPalmDesert, We are very pleased to hear that you feel Lancaster House is a wonderful hotel to stay. We pride ourselves in providing a personalized service to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Bogota and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

At the Lancaster in Bogota you feel right at home as soon as you walk in. The owners as well as the personnel will give you a warm welcome and take care of whatever needs you may have. You are not just another number at one of the larger chain hotels. This place has more of a family feeling. Even the chef will walk in and tell you about his specialties of the day. We did a special event in one of the halls and were satisfied in every sense. Easy to get to from any point in Bogota, it is an ideal location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear DannyVoll, We are pleased to hear from you and the wonderful experience you had at Lancaster House. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to have you again as our guest.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

When I decided to travel to Bogotá I had no idea where to stay, I found this hotel via internet and I read from lots of guests that his was a nice option.
I don´t regret, Lancaster House was much more than I expected.
This hotel is located close to the Transmillenium transport, you can travel easily to different places with it, Lancaster is close to the zona rosa, unicentro, etc.
If you don´t want to travel in public transport the receptionost will help you with that.
The crew was amazing, they helped us with all the questions we had, they offered a welcome drink in our check in.
We got a suit in the 5th floor with windows towards the avenue, they are very isolated that i could sleep like a little bay. Here you can find al information about Bogota, even a little map of the city and some tips so you know how to travel within the city.
The beds are very comfortable, nice pillows, bathroom, a little kitchen with all you need if you want to make food by yourself.
They have breakfast buffet, very friendly staff. You get satisfied with: fruit, bread, arepas, sausages, eggs, juice, coffee or tea.
The rooms were very clean and you count with safety box, tv, dvd-player.
If you want to get relaxed they have also sauna and a little gym.
After our tours during the days we could spend some time in the little bar they have in the first floor and eat some snacks and have some drinks.
If I travel back to Bogotá I will definitely stay at this hotel with no hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Mr. Aragonsson, We are glad to hear that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you again as our guest on your next visit to Bogota.