“Fabulous stay in Bogota”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #38 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Although we only stayed 2 nights, this hotel was a great coice in the city. rooms were very spacious and include a full kitchen. Plenty of closet space. Breakfast was sumptuous, with an omelette station, plenty of fruits, juices, yoghurt and pastries. Staff was very friendly and helpful. You will need a cab to get to most places: restaurants, malls, downtown, museums...nevertheless, cabs are reliable and very cheap. We paid about $16 from the airport to the hotel, and some $9 to the Unicenter Shopping Center which is about 8-10 blocks. (it may not be the newest mall in Bogota, but even after visiting others, this one remains one of my favorites as well as Santafe which is at least 20-30 minutes away). Would definitely recommend to all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Lupilove04, We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our suites and breakfast buffet. We are certainly pleased you chose us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The people were very friendly, we are thankful to the guest service manager for all the help. The suites were bigger than we expected, and having a separate living room made inviting friends easy. Room service was fantastic, and the breakfast buffet had a variety of foods.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mojoranna, We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in your next travels to Bogota.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last week and we were very please with it. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly. We were given a short tour of the hotel and taken to our room. The suite was spacious, with a separate living room and kitchen. The rooms are kept very cleaned. The breakfast was excellent, with different choices everyday, loved the "calentado" and the "empanadas" . It is an older hotel but it is kept very cleaned. The only complaint I have is that I cut myself with a glass top in the living room, I reported this to the front desk while checking out and she did not showed any concern, I had to go out and buy antibiotic and bandages to cover it. On the Sunday that we were leaving the hotel was hosting some type of church service and the lobby area was very loud with alot of people. But overall I was pretty please with the hotel and the staff. Bartender Jose was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Janicemc28, we appreciate all your comments which allow us to know how we can improve our service to our guests. I am sorry to hear about your cut, our guest service manager has all the necessary first aid and had you spoken with him he would have been more than happy to help you. I will pass on your comments to our bartender. I appreciate when guests let us know when a specific staff member did an outstanding job. Hope to be able to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Very comfortable rooms , friendly staff and a tasty breakfast. A great place to stay when visiting Bogata. We only stayed one night because we were traveling the next day , but I would definitely stay there again when visiting Bogata.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Stiller1, We are glad you chose us as your hotel in Bogota and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great location, esay access, nice large suite. The best choice in this region. Easy access to the airport and "Parque 93". Some restaurants nearby, close to "Ciclovia" of Sunday (if you are in the weekend in Bogota.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Aharon_Yablon, We are glad to read that you feel we are the best choice in this region. We always focus on providing our guest with the best service. We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

A nice welcoming hotel at a very reasonable price. I believe all the rooms are a suite type and are good value considering you get free internet (although ts quite slow) and breakfast. The breakfast is very good and not just continental style, it comes with fresh eggs and other good things. Rooms are very clean and the staff are attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Request (f your budget fits) one of the larger suits and one at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Consultgp, We are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay with us and you enjoyed our suits and breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in August 2012. We arrived about 11:00 PM on Wednesday night, when I discovered that I had lost my wallet. I called American Express and they faxed to the hotel, the next day, guarantee of payment. The Lancaster House had no problem honoring my reservation even though I had no credit card or money, but I did have my passport. The concierge helped me out tremendously. I would estimate that 25% of the staff speak English, but this was never a problem. We had a master suite. We did not use the kitchen because we were out and about most of the time. The breakfast bar was splendid and they had a chef preparing made to order omelets. Get a room rate that includes the breakfast. The rooms were very clean. I was surprised at how quiet our room was. I could not hear any outside traffic noise. The staff was very helpful and very personable. This is a good place to stay and the staff are prepared to help in any way they can. I would stay again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: get a room rate that includes the breakfast!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear KPJ99, We are glad to hear that your stay at the hotel was pleasant and that our staff was helpful in in your stressful situation. We hope to see you again soon.