“Staff were extremely kind, very professional from the security staff up to the housekeeping personell. Everyone strive to make y”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #38 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roscoe
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's Avery nice cozy hotel, price wise is average, needs to improve at accessibility capabilities, the hotel is NOT fully wheelchair accessible but is not far to become one. I had my challenges as a disable individual at this location but overall was very good. Ramp and bathroom access were poor to fair. Needs improvement but overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Milalmas1973, I am pleased read your comments regarding our staff. We strive to provide a personalized service to our guests. Thank you for your comments on accessibility, we will work to improve on this.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Sucre, Bolivia
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This did not live up to the expectation of a 4 star hotel.Perhaps the standard expected in Colombia is different.However,some of these instances are a shame.The service at reception for check-in took 15minutes despite there being nobody in front of me in the queue. I was then given the wrong room & my friend who was booking into a seperate room at the same time was given a twin room despite clearly booking a double room. Upon leaving my friend's room after helping him with his bags,the concierge then asked my friend if he wanted to buy some marajuana.I left a sign on my door to confirm that I wished for the room to be cleaned & the towels replaced. The towels however were not changed they were simply hung up in the bathroom to dry. I had received confirmation prior to my arrival that my booking was for a smoking room. When I checked-in I was told that the entire hotel was a smoke-free environment.Naturally I felt very let down and the management only offered an apology after being strongly prompted.Please note that I was also compelled to pay in advnce for my entire 3 night stay qhich I found unusual.From my room I could also hear the toilets of other rooms being flushed constantly.Upon checking out, I was presented with a lovely surprise (sarcasm at play). I was presented with a bill for hotel insurance. This was charged at a daily rate and unbeknownst to me upon check-in and/or booking. I felt thia was an extremely sly and kniving charge. U must also wonder why this was not mentioned that I would be obliged to pay this upon checking out. This,in addition to the other reasons stated above,left a bad taste in my mouth. The hotel was well maintained but for me definitely not value for money and I would not recommend people to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daraghlewis
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Daraghlewis, I am sorry for all the misunderstandings. You should not have had to wait 15 minutes at the front desk. This is something I have corrected and should never happen again. I would like to clarify to readers that depending on the type of room you book you are assigned a suite. If you book a Run of House, the type of suite is not specified. Maybe this was part of the misunderstanding you had.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked a really nice room for a good price considering it was a holiday weekend but we got a room with separate beds which we didnt ask for. The webpage advertised bathtub in the room but it was far from beign a real bathtub (it was way too small). Besides that, everything was very good. The breakfast was excellent, it exceeded our expectations,

• Stayed March 2014
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Mr. AndresLondono, Thank you for writing and letting us know the areas in which was excelled and those we can improve. I wanted to clarify that depending on the type of suite you book you will get the beds, some have twin beds others have queen beds. When making a reservation we recommend letting us know if you have a preference.
Colville, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The staff is extremely accommodating and works well to insure your stay is pleasant. Efficient with airport transfers and communication skills. Rooms were large, clean and cozy. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with the patio is ideal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Tina_Troupe, I am pleased to read that our staff and our large suites made your stay a pleasant one. We are certainly glad you chose us, and hope to welcome you again in the future.
chicago
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I like this place. THE GOOD: Really large junior suites with full kitchen, living and bedroom. Water pressure and hot water galore. TV only in bedroom. Breakfast is good, fresh fruits and juices, eggs made to order. I travel to Bogota often, and this is a fine value at $75. Good service throughout THE NOT SO GOOD: I gave the location three stars because it is on a very busy highway (Autopista Norte) and road noise could be a problem for those of you who are sensitive to it. I was on the sixth floor and it was quite noticeable. The neighborhood is fine, plenty of places to go nearby and safe. The internet was VERY slow on the sixth floor, in fact unusable. I had to go to the lobby to work. Three days after I told them this, it was unfixed by the time I left. AT CHECKOUT I was dismayed to see that they had inserted "Seguros Hoterleros" on the bill, at about $8 per day. Thiis means Hotel Security Fee, and is essentially an add-on, a regrettable but common practice in Latin America. They took it right off when I told them to, but at Check-In I was never asked if I wanted "hotel security" and it was never mentioned on check out. They gust assume Gringos won't notice. C'mon!!!

Room Tip: higher up the better
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Jengel56, Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our suites and breakfast buffet. I regret that at check-in nobody informed you about the Seguro Hotelero, as they should have done. We care about our guests reviews as they help us improve our service.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything was really nice the but the wifi in 502 was not working. But the next day I was able to change rooms. The customer service desk was outstanding. A quick note the beds are very hard if you like hard beds you will enjoy the beds. I order a taxi to the airport the cost was about $18 and the cars are very nice.

Room Tip: If you want wifi in your room please request a lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Nyc-Hill, Thank you for sharing your experience at Lancaster House, we are certainly glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again.
Suburban Philadelphia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Comfortable hotel in the city's north section, with a very welcoming staff, especially appreciated after our 2 a.m. arrival in Bogota. Our room, actually a small suite, was spacious and clean, with a nicely-furnished bedroom, pleasant sitting area and basic but functional small kitchen. The breakfast buffet included a wide assortment of fresh fruits, meats, eggs, cereals, yogurts and breads, with the option of eggs prepared to order in the adjacent attractive atrium. And great coffee! There is a beautiful, lushly planted and carefully tended park just a few blocks away, and the Transmilenio bus stop (rapid-transit) is also just down the street. This was a last-minute booking due to some airline changes and we were very happy with everything.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Cwydhrd, Thank you for sharing your experience at Lancaster House. WE are glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again.