“comfortable and convenient”

Lancaster House
Ranked #40 of 269 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My son and I stayed at the Lancaster House for seven nights. We recommend it unequivocally.The suite afforded us the comforts of home, and the ability to have together, but separate time alone. The hotel was conveniently located to public transportation, which we consistently used, without incident, although warned to use taxis instead. The pick-up and return to the airport, arranged by the hotel, was prompt and courteous. The reservation clerk facilitated our attending a religious service and dinner; his efforts extended beyond the norm, and our gratitude is perhaps not enough thanks. Big kudos for Jack Goldstein. Breakfast was plentiful but without change. Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, take-out (we enjoy eating in after a full day out) and Bogota malls. Well situated for out of town trips or to get to downtown areas. Safety was never a concern.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter than those in the front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear JRocksmom, I am pleased to read your review and learn of the wonderful experience you had with us. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have traveled to Bogota several times in the past and always make it a point to stay at the Lancaster House. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Staff are always friendly and very accomidating. Can't think of anything I would want them to change!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear CLGomez, I am very pleased to her you had an excellent experience at Lancaster House. We are certainly glad you chose us as your hotel and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

What an experience! Staying at the Lancaster Hotel has been great!!

My room was huge and afforded me great comforts. This is a quality hotel, with trend setting rates. This was my second time visiting and will certainly say there will be a third.

I was greeted by friendly staff and invited to daily cocktail events, which certainly made me feel welcome.

The staff are not only friendly, but attentive. I had an issue with the internet quality from my room so they sent someone who installed my very own router in the room!! FULL BAR RECEPTION ALL ROUND. Everybody is smiling and each day I received chocolates on my bed.

The rooms are made throughout the day. The concierge worked tireless to ensure that my needs were met, that I was safe and secure, and assisted me any way possible.

The other guests seemed very happy and ranged from families to businessmen to young adults.

The location is good, around the corner there are beautiful parks, restaurants and mariachi performances. Great embassy area too.

I no longer have an option when staying in Bogota. This hotel is home away from home. I urge you to stay here and beyond recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the junior suite, but their balcony rooms mean you can read news while drinking coffee a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Daniel_Sopher, I am delighted to read your comments, Reading remarks from returning guests is the best compliment we have. These comments allow us to know that we are reaching our goal to provide the best service to our guests while they stay in our ample suites. We are certainly glad you chose us as your hotel in Bogota, and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's Avery nice cozy hotel, price wise is average, needs to improve at accessibility capabilities, the hotel is NOT fully wheelchair accessible but is not far to become one. I had my challenges as a disable individual at this location but overall was very good. Ramp and bathroom access were poor to fair. Needs improvement but overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Milalmas1973, I am pleased read your comments regarding our staff. We strive to provide a personalized service to our guests. Thank you for your comments on accessibility, we will work to improve on this.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This did not live up to the expectation of a 4 star hotel.Perhaps the standard expected in Colombia is different.However,some of these instances are a shame.The service at reception for check-in took 15minutes despite there being nobody in front of me in the queue. I was then given the wrong room & my friend who was booking into a seperate room at the same time was given a twin room despite clearly booking a double room. Upon leaving my friend's room after helping him with his bags,the concierge then asked my friend if he wanted to buy some marajuana.I left a sign on my door to confirm that I wished for the room to be cleaned & the towels replaced. The towels however were not changed they were simply hung up in the bathroom to dry. I had received confirmation prior to my arrival that my booking was for a smoking room. When I checked-in I was told that the entire hotel was a smoke-free environment.Naturally I felt very let down and the management only offered an apology after being strongly prompted.Please note that I was also compelled to pay in advnce for my entire 3 night stay qhich I found unusual.From my room I could also hear the toilets of other rooms being flushed constantly.Upon checking out, I was presented with a lovely surprise (sarcasm at play). I was presented with a bill for hotel insurance. This was charged at a daily rate and unbeknownst to me upon check-in and/or booking. I felt thia was an extremely sly and kniving charge. U must also wonder why this was not mentioned that I would be obliged to pay this upon checking out. This,in addition to the other reasons stated above,left a bad taste in my mouth. The hotel was well maintained but for me definitely not value for money and I would not recommend people to stay here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daraghlewis
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Daraghlewis, I am sorry for all the misunderstandings. You should not have had to wait 15 minutes at the front desk. This is something I have corrected and should never happen again. I would like to clarify to readers that depending on the type of room you book you are assigned a suite. If you book a Run of House, the type of suite is not specified. Maybe this was part of the misunderstanding you had.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked a really nice room for a good price considering it was a holiday weekend but we got a room with separate beds which we didnt ask for. The webpage advertised bathtub in the room but it was far from beign a real bathtub (it was way too small). Besides that, everything was very good. The breakfast was excellent, it exceeded our expectations,

• Stayed: March 2014
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Mr. AndresLondono, Thank you for writing and letting us know the areas in which was excelled and those we can improve. I wanted to clarify that depending on the type of suite you book you will get the beds, some have twin beds others have queen beds. When making a reservation we recommend letting us know if you have a preference.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The staff is extremely accommodating and works well to insure your stay is pleasant. Efficient with airport transfers and communication skills. Rooms were large, clean and cozy. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with the patio is ideal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Tina_Troupe, I am pleased to read that our staff and our large suites made your stay a pleasant one. We are certainly glad you chose us, and hope to welcome you again in the future.