“Fantastic Hotel!”

Lancaster House
Ranked #37 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

For the third time I stayed at Lancaster House in Bogota'. Very big rooms, clean, good breakfast and super restaurant. The staff is wonderful and friendly. Good choice!
I'll don't forget the good time with Jack and friends, during the matches The Netherlands-Spain, Chile-Australia and.........Colombia-Greece!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear MaxZago2014, I am very pleased to read your review and know you have stayed with us on several occasions. Thanks you for mentioning members of our staff that made your stay memorable. We are certainly happy you chose us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Lancaster House

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at Lancaster house for a week. Super comfy and clean room. Plenty of options for breakfast. The staff was really friendy and helpulf. the area is nice and safe. Really good choice. Great value

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cecidupy
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Cecidupy, I am pleased to read that your week long stay with us was great. We are certainly glad you choose us and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay of 5 nights at the Lancaster House. I thought the location was nice. Even though it was about 30 mins away from the airport (on a low-traffic day), I was glad that there was a small snack shop about a 2 minute walk away. Plus, it took about 10 minutes, or less to get to a main street that had plenty of restaurant options. The staff was pretty friendly and helpful, especially Daniel and notably, Fausto, the service manager. He arranged transportation for me and my travel partner and gave good tips and suggestions for getting around Bogota. The room was just fine and the cleaning staff was very helpful and timely in requests for service. My only two (small) gripes would be the breakfast and the wi-fi. Even though breakfast was included in the room fee, I expected a bit more- maybe because everyone talks about how good food is in Colombia, I thought I would get more breakfast options. And the wi-fi connection was not that great beyond the first floor/lobby. But both of those were FREE, so I guess you get what you pay for. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and appreciate the fact the I can happily remember and reflect on the customer service at Lancaster.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting the room style of 'Apartment'. It is somewhat of a suite that has...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Lindsey F, I am pleased you enjoyed your 5 days with us, and thank you for letting us know which staff members excelled. I regret that our breakfast options that include eggs and omelets any style, waffles, pancakes, at least three types of cereals and three types of tropical fresh fruits each day, yogurt, oatmeal, selection of cheeses and cold cuts, sausages, arepas, empanadas and /or almojábanas, a selection of minimum 6 types of breads, toasts, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, milk, and one Special of the Day were not sufficient. To clarify to futures readers, all of our rooms are actually suites, each having a separate bedroom and living/dining area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'll categorize my comments for easy reading:

Accomodations/Value/Service/Location:
I really enjoyed my stay at Lancaster House. The property is a great value for the price, and it's a good enough location. The staff was very friendly, and really helpful with getting transportation to/from attractions. Your room is cleaned (or at least serviced in some way) twice a day, and there is also a manager check to be certain that everything is up to your satisfaction.

Transportation:
Taxis are the best way to get around & relatively cheap. The hotel will set up a driver for you to/from airport/destinations, and you can also arrange for a driver to take you around the city for about $12-15 USD/hr. I definitely recommend arranging for a driver and going to Zipaquiya (for about $100 USD) to see the Salt Cathedral (Catedral de Sal). Public transit is VERY crowded, and not very safe. If you don't know the city or have a resident tour guide, I wouldn't recommend anything other than a taxi. Avoid renting a car at all costs--Bogota has the worst traffic I have EVER seen (Yes, worse than NYC, LA, Tokyo, etc.). It's so bad that they have schedules of who can drive on which days. Don't do it!

Food:
There are MANY food places within a 15-20min walk of Lancaster House. There aren't many shopping options in walking distance, but you can always take a taxi to Andino or another mall. The hotel has free breakfast, and it's pretty good! Fresh fruit, Colombian bread options, fresh omelets made on the spot, cheese, cereal etc. It's a nice buffet...especially to be complimentary!

(Minor) Cons:
1) There is no air conditioning (at least there wasn't in my room), but it gets pretty cool at night (in May) and an open window will suffice. There was one fan in our suite, which didn't do much good, but it was helpful nonetheless. In May, it's really not a big deal that there is no air conditioning (or maybe there is, and I just missed the boat). 2) Don't use the phone! We had one incoming call from a local friend & we had to pay 600 pesos (~30 cents USD) when we left. Really not a big deal...at all, but wasn't expecting to pay for an incoming call. 3) Pay attention to what's free/complimentary & for sell. They have TONS of amenities in the room (razors, mouthwash, condoms, etc.) and they are all technically part of the Minibar, although they are in the bathroom area. If you're not careful, you could use something & have to pay for it later. You do receive complimentary bubble bath, lotion, shampoo & a shower cap (perhaps something else, too). 5) The bed in the room is not very comfortable. Not the worst, but definitely not comfortable. The foldout (couch) bed is MUCH more comfy than the actual bed.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again & would recommend anyone to do the same!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up may be most desirable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Casheta, Thank you for your comprehensive comments. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Rooms are okay. Nothing fancy, for sure. There's nothing in close walking distance. Beer is super expensive. Stayed in Colombia for a week, couldn't decide on a hotel after reading multiple reviews of multiple hotels. Finally decided on Royal Boheme for first half and Lancaster for second. Royal Boheme, by far, is a thousand times better. Its location is amazing and it's very nice. Lancaster's location is not great but that's not that big of a deal. It just didn't feel like anything special. Got the suite and no tv in living rm. The pool table in the bar is basically not usable, the restaurant messed both my husband and my dinner and didn't even apologize. And didn't even fill up our waters once the whole 1 hr and 10 min we had to wait for our food (and it wasn't even busy). Cost is fairly cheap which should have been a sign. I suggest pay a little more and stay somewhere better. Just my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Naoms808chic, I appreciate your comments. I would like to clear to future readers we are an all-suite hotel were each suite has 1 or 2 TV in the bedrooms each Television has home theater system. As much as we want to be the perfect hotel for everyone, we know that no hotel can be all things to all guests. Different travelers value different things. That’s why we and strive to be gracious and understanding when we have a guest that prefers hotels in different areas of the city. Most of our guests choose us because they are the type of travelers who prefer to be in a small and cozy home away from home with an eager to please staff.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at the Lancaster House in Bogota! We were there for 10 days and we enjoyed a suite there. Having the extra room allowed us to move around and feel more comfortable. The staff could not be more accomodating! They went out of their way to make sure that our stay there was perfect. Our mornings began with a delicious buffet breakfast. The location was also terrific, as this hotel is accessible to everything. We considered our time at the Lancaster House a perfect stay and would definitely stay there again. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Bogota!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverly S
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Beverly S, I am pleased to read your comments and learn that you had a perfect stay with us. Providing great service to our guests is of the out most importance to us. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My son and I stayed at the Lancaster House for seven nights. We recommend it unequivocally.The suite afforded us the comforts of home, and the ability to have together, but separate time alone. The hotel was conveniently located to public transportation, which we consistently used, without incident, although warned to use taxis instead. The pick-up and return to the airport, arranged by the hotel, was prompt and courteous. The reservation clerk facilitated our attending a religious service and dinner; his efforts extended beyond the norm, and our gratitude is perhaps not enough thanks. Big kudos for Jack Goldstein. Breakfast was plentiful but without change. Hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, take-out (we enjoy eating in after a full day out) and Bogota malls. Well situated for out of town trips or to get to downtown areas. Safety was never a concern.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter than those in the front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear JRocksmom, I am pleased to read your review and learn of the wonderful experience you had with us. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to welcome you again in the future.