“A great hotel with a superior staff!!!”

Hotel Estelar De la Feria
Ranked #132 of 269 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My stay at the Estelar De La Feria was nothing short of WONDERFUL!!! The room was better than advertised. The staff were the true stars of my stay. I have to give personal mention to the shift manager, Oscar; the outstanding crew of bellhops: Oscar, Christian, Albert, and Yimer. They were ultra-professional; courteous, polite, and ready to meet any request or need that came up!!! The cleaning crews were detailed and thorough; my room was always cleaned & spotless every time I returned to it. My only two minor complaints were there are no climate controls inside the rooms. No air-conditioning; no heat. The windows have no screens, so I was attacked by mosquitos the first night. These were only minor issues that bore little effect on my overall stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 August 2010

Spent only one night at this hotel, therefore the review is not comprehensive. I booked this hotel because it was supposed to be very close to the airport. First of all it is not that close to the airport and it is really in the middle of nowhere. The rooms are very mediocre. I paid 150$ for this one night and it felt like a total rip off. Do not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This was a very adequate hotel. The room was very comfortable and the staff were friendly. There were two drawbacks: a) the hotel wasn't near anything (shopping, parks, attractions, etc.) b) the restaurant service was hopelessly slow and inattentive.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Hoteles_Estelar, E-commerce Manager at Hotel Estelar De la Feria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your time in sharing your experience at the Hotel Estelar de la Feria. Your constructive feedback will help us to continually improve,it is very important to us in order to be better each day, You can be sure that We'll have your comments about the restaurant service in mind, We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 11 December 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I recently had the pleasure to return back to La Feria hotel for a Real State summit in Bogota. Right from the checking in to the checking out, it was a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The staff was attentive, very helpful and the service was quick without being rushed. This certainly will be the hotel that I will keep on returning to. It is also in the centre of the city and very close to the airport, so transportation is easy, and of course there are also taxis for a very affordable price. I had the opportunity to go to the Corferias convention center and to the Estacion Mall where the hotel is really close to!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
H-Estelar, E-commerce Manager at Hotel Estelar De la Feria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2009

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us at Estelar de La Feria Hotel. We are so glad to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us. We look very forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2008

I ended up at this hotel completely incidently. After receiving news from home that I must alter my travel plans, I needed a hotel to stay at during the most busy time of the year.

One of the few places I found was the hotel Feria, close to the airport.
I wasn't impressed with the area as it looked a bit run down and residential, unlike la Candelaria or more 'artsy' districts with cafes and shops within walking distance.

However, the hotel's restaraunt and staff made up for the lack of amenities I was craving. I had to remember this was New Year's day: everything was closed.

The room I had was huge with a king size bed, mini fridge stocked with all kinds of beverages ranging from beer to energy drinks to juices. There was a basket with various snacks: potato chips, chocolate bars, cookies and nuts.

The window was HUGE. I was able to see quite far into the distance (to the mountains) and when the sun was facing my way, the room was flooded with all the sunshine I could ask for! I was also able to open part of the window which was a treat: some fresh air.

The closet space was especially ample, clean and complete with a safe and extra blankets in case needed.
The bathroom was very large, clean, modern and spacious (there was even a telephone in the washroom).

Concerning the decor, I was rather pleased. The design of the rooms: modern and clean looking. Dark woods with splashes of colour. Very pleasant overall.
Yes, one must pay for internet usage but for a mere $5 dollars US you have all the internet usage you want (25 hrs or so).
The computer area is a separate room with three computers, a printer and telephone. There is much space to work and it is quiet and bright with a huge window facing the main street. A great place to work.

The best part was the friendliness of the staff who assisted me during my stay. My Spanish is limited but they made sure to help me with everything I needed in a friendly manner.

Surprisingly, while in the computer room the staff kindly waited on me, asking if I'd like to dinner or drinks served as I was working.
They printed documents for me, helped me with all the information I could ask for and made sure I caught my flight safely and on time.

A pleasant surprise was the restaraunt.
I was expecting typical continental food but the menu featured many unique and interesting dishes, many local Colombian specialties too.
I must confess the meal I had was one of the best I'd experienced during my stay in Colombia! (I consider myself to be a 'foodie').

I only spent one night at the Hotel de la Feria and I know they offer many other services including a gym and Turkish bath. If I ever come back to Bogota, this is the place I am staying! I was most impressed!

Constance Roshko, Edmonton, AB

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ConstanceRoshko
Reviewed 27 August 2007

The hotel would rate as two star, but they think they are better than that, and charge accordingly. No free internet access in the rooms or the business center. The service they provide is quite expensive, so it is better to check the internet shop next door. The lobby needs refurbishing. The rooms are decent and clean, decoration looks old-fashioned. Beds are not very comfortable.

They offer a very good breakfast. The restaurant is not big, has no windows (it is in the basement), food there is really expensive and the menu is very limited. Waiters are nice, unlike the clerks at the front desk. Almost no options to have a meal around the hotel since it is located very far away from the nice neighbourhoods. So whatever you want to do, be it business, cultural activities or just going to a restaurant, you have to take a taxi!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Palasatenea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogota
Hotel Estelar Calle 100
Hotel Estelar La Fontana
Hotel Estelar La Fontana
#37 of 269 in Bogota
Estelar Cartagena de Indias Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Hotel Estelar De la Feria? Share your experiences!