All reviews art dealer busy city yogurt his mother art tour art studio metal sculptures amazing hosts each morning unique hotel home away from home personalized service arepas bed was comfortable visiting bogota living room marta
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Great place to get away from the routine and the city's chaos. The owners are pretty nice people and we will definitely go back. I'll recommend this place any day of the week, twice on Sunday. Thanks for everything.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2018

I stayed there for 3 nights with my two other friends. The cottage is an original family home - super cute, quiet and cozy, and decorated throughout with beautiful arts and sculptures made by the family members (the owner, Federico is a well known art dealer, his father an artist and his brother a sculptor). The breakfast was elaborate and very tasty. Also, the whole cottage concept is built with sustainability mindset.
We also went on a graffiti tour with Federico and met his artist friends. Staying in a city with an artist family, doing an art tour with a very very knowledgeable art dealer and meeting artist was beyond my expectation and completely elevated my experience of Bogota.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank mitonadhikari
FEDERIC0_RUIZ, Propietario at La Colina Hotel Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Ditonadhikari,

Having you three in the Cottage over the weekend was beautiful.
Its a pleasure when we have the opportunity to share our love for fine arts, helping you explore the art scene in Bogota was a real joy. I got to learn so much from the Indian culture and you got to learn also a lot about our rich country.
I hope to see you again very soon in LA COLINA Hotel Cottage.
My very best!
Federico

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The tour with Federico was wonderful! He is extremely knowledgeable about the graffiti murals around Bogota and very proud of his city. It was very cool to get an insiders look as he took us to a private art collectors home as well as to see some of Botero’s work and his own collection at his adorable boutique hotel.

He made sure we made the most of our tour and ensured we were seeing pieces and murals that were geared towards our artistic interests.

I would recommend this tour to anyone who loves art and is in or visiting Bogota!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FEDERIC0_RUIZ, Propietario at La Colina Hotel Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Vanessa and Chris

It was a pleasure knowing you guys. You two represent the best of Canada no doubt!

I love when art lovers like yourself book my Art Tours, it makes it much more interesting every time.

I hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Just finished a 2 night stay at La Colina and couldn’t be more impressed! Yes this hotel is further out than others in Bogota but it’s worth it! The view is gorgeous, the property is homey with beautiful pieces of art throughout the grounds. The hospitality you cannot beat, Federico and his wife are great hosts. The breakfast that is included is a great value. A variety of fruits, yogurt, eggs and arepa was served with a juice and coffee each morning. If you want something special have Federico make you dinner, it’s delicious! If you are looking for something unique and special look no further!

Date of stay: September 2018

My dear Holly

You are so beautifully wrong about LA COLINA been further out from others in Bogota and at the same time absolutely correct about being worth staying with us!
We are away from noise, pollution, traffic and must of all stress. We are located in the suburbs of the city, and staying with us is a formidable experience that disconects you from the city without ever going away from it. Also an experience related with art, gastronomy and sustainability.

I love that you loved the dinners prepared by us. we take very serious been crazy about good food.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I had the most experiential stay at this wonderful hotel a few months back. Imagine staying with a family of artists and mingling with them and getting first-hand exposure to the city and its culture - that's what you'll get at La Colina Hotel Cottage. Meet Federico Ruiz a well known art dealer who has turned his home into a boutique hotel with just 5 bedrooms. You will have access to a wonderful housekeeper who will make you incredible fresh juices every morning along with a sumptuous Colombian breakfast! Do not miss an opportunity to engage with Federico - he will show you the city like no other. Take one of his art tours and you will be mesmerized by this side of Bogota. I had the lovely opportunity to walk through his client's apartment one day and to see a life sized Botera casually adorning the living room was marvelous. I also got to meet a lovely and talented local artist and visit his studio one evening. Drink in hand we talked about his art work, haggled over a small painting, and talked about what inspires his artwork. Such can be the magic of staying in this gem of a hotel. Bogota for me was special and fascinating, in large part thanks to Federico, his wife and this lovely hotel. Thank you Federico for an incredible stay, even though I am a novice when it comes to art, you opened my eyes to a fascinating world!

Room tip: All the rooms are really lovely - I stayed in the main house so we had the living room area to ourselves!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank undefinedpreethi

Preethi, Preethi, Preethi,

Your generous comment and beautiful words gave us goosebumps. So few times in life you have the opportunity to get to know a soul as yours. Opening our doors and the doors of my friends to your curious eyes was a delight.

Colombia has so much to offer but is not worth it until is discover by curious and respectful human beans like you and your magnificent friends. Please think about us the next time you are in Colombia. This will be your home away from home always.