All reviews art dealer busy city yogurt his mother art tour art studio metal sculptures amazing hosts each morning unique hotel home away from home personalized service arepas bed was comfortable visiting bogota living room marta
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Despite all the glowing reviews, we weren't sure what to expect at La Colina. It's a beautiful place adorned with sculptures, paintings, curious, spices and more. Every nook is interesting. The room and the bed were very comfortable.
The real story though is not about the property or the room, it's about Federico. Even in a country as uniformly hospitable as Colombia, his hospitality stood out. Even in a short stay, there were numerous occasions when he went out of his way to accommodate our requests.
And it's an absolute joy just speaking to him about his views on the city, country and pretty much everything else. And the common area with all the art and fireplace makes for a venue designed for stimulating conversations. It was a pity we couldn't do one of the art or graffiti tours with him.
The obvious caveat is the place is a bit farther out, but a slightly longer commute is not a big price to pay for the genuine warmth and hospitality of this place.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Great place to get away from the routine and the city's chaos. The owners are pretty nice people and we will definitely go back. I'll recommend this place any day of the week, twice on Sunday. Thanks for everything.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2018

I stayed there for 3 nights with my two other friends. The cottage is an original family home - super cute, quiet and cozy, and decorated throughout with beautiful arts and sculptures made by the family members (the owner, Federico is a well known art dealer, his father an artist and his brother a sculptor). The breakfast was elaborate and very tasty. Also, the whole cottage concept is built with sustainability mindset.
We also went on a graffiti tour with Federico and met his artist friends. Staying in a city with an artist family, doing an art tour with a very very knowledgeable art dealer and meeting artist was beyond my expectation and completely elevated my experience of Bogota.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank mitonadhikari
FEDERIC0_RUIZ, Propietario at La Colina Hotel Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Ditonadhikari,

Having you three in the Cottage over the weekend was beautiful.
Its a pleasure when we have the opportunity to share our love for fine arts, helping you explore the art scene in Bogota was a real joy. I got to learn so much from the Indian culture and you got to learn also a lot about our rich country.
I hope to see you again very soon in LA COLINA Hotel Cottage.
My very best!
Federico

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The tour with Federico was wonderful! He is extremely knowledgeable about the graffiti murals around Bogota and very proud of his city. It was very cool to get an insiders look as he took us to a private art collectors home as well as to see some of Botero’s work and his own collection at his adorable boutique hotel.

He made sure we made the most of our tour and ensured we were seeing pieces and murals that were geared towards our artistic interests.

I would recommend this tour to anyone who loves art and is in or visiting Bogota!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FEDERIC0_RUIZ, Propietario at La Colina Hotel Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Vanessa and Chris

It was a pleasure knowing you guys. You two represent the best of Canada no doubt!

I love when art lovers like yourself book my Art Tours, it makes it much more interesting every time.

I hope to see you again very soon!

Best
FR

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Just finished a 2 night stay at La Colina and couldn’t be more impressed! Yes this hotel is further out than others in Bogota but it’s worth it! The view is gorgeous, the property is homey with beautiful pieces of art throughout the grounds. The hospitality you cannot beat, Federico and his wife are great hosts. The breakfast that is included is a great value. A variety of fruits, yogurt, eggs and arepa was served with a juice and coffee each morning. If you want something special have Federico make you dinner, it’s delicious! If you are looking for something unique and special look no further!

Date of stay: September 2018

My dear Holly

You are so beautifully wrong about LA COLINA been further out from others in Bogota and at the same time absolutely correct about being worth staying with us!
We are away from noise, pollution, traffic and must of all stress. We are located in the suburbs of the city, and staying with us is a formidable experience that disconects you from the city without ever going away from it. Also an experience related with art, gastronomy and sustainability.

I love that you loved the dinners prepared by us. we take very serious been crazy about good food.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Best