“Huge room and unexpected bottle of wine”

Madisson Inn Hotel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #80 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The room was huge, I had a whole living room, two bathrooms, even if I had the standard room.

I really liked the surprise in my last night (I only stayed there for 2 nights) of a good bottle of wine, a table of cheese and chocolates, courtesy of the hotel.

I would stay again in this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcelo B
Hotel P, Revenue Manager at Madisson Inn Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Good morning.

From all the staff of Park Inn By Radisson Bogota, we want to extend our thanks for choosing us, and allow us to give our best service. Guests like you are our reason to continue to guide us toward excellence in every detail.

We hope to have you with us soon.

Regards.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I hadn't come back in more than three years and found the hotel still as good as it was before. The rooms are very spacious (ridiculously big!) and you have a complete living room, office to work in, two bathrooms, nice master bedroom and a very comfortable setting for both, leisure or business trips. I hadn't stayed in such big rooms at a hotel before...

Breakfast was quite good as well and though the gym was not the best, it has enough for a normal workout and a good Spa if you need a massage or steam room. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ColombiaJuanSe
Reviewed 15 December 2013

There was a problem with my reservation. I'm not sure if this was the hotel's fault or booking.com. When we arrived from our flight at 1 a.m. in the morning they could not locate our reservation for the two nights. We had requested the cheapest room, but because there were two of us traveling for business they put us in a two room suite. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We were happy about the apparent upgrade but worried we'd be paying extra since we were on a budget.

The next day we verified with the front desk that we were in the right room and would be paying the price we requested. They confirmed we were paying $110 a night. However, when I went to checkout after the second night, what I thought would be a $230 bill turned into $280. And when I checked my credit card, I was actually charged $300. Had I expected this I would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jgarnant
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We travelled for the first time to Bogota, with 2 kids. We had a very comfortable duplex (two rooms with a shared living room) with two bathrooms. Extremely clean, white beautiful bed linen, fabulous bathrooms, really liked! And coming back from a day of walking, a relax in a sauna. We will stay here again if we come back to Bogota.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beata P
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This unassuming hotel surpassed my expectations! The rooms are very spacious, clean, great showers and well equipped with cable TV and free Internet access. The restaurant is comfortable and includes a full bar. The food is good, specially the breakfast. The staff service is excellent all around. The only recommendation I have is to have softer mattresses.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CPVDBROECK
Reviewed 16 February 2013

You have several options to stay and I would say 3 main areas
Around airport Av El Dorado: Quite a list of good hotels mostly international chains, some pricey, but you will be far away from all the restaurants, nighlife, shopping. Good for a short stay and if u have an early flight.
Around Centro Financiero, Financial district. Good choices of nice hotels. Traffic is terrible and now with transmilenio construction even worse. God choices of restaurants close by and in the calendaria district, or cerro monserrate,both areas close to these hotels.
Zona Norte: north area, wide range of medium hotels and small boutique hotels. Some really pricey, but I=due to the area.
I have been to Bogota many times. Have experienced dirty hotels, expensive hotels, loud hotels, bad service hotels, and the Grand House is a quite nice boutique hotel in north Bogota. It has large suite-style rooms with separate living & bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Junior room is quite nice as well. Modern comfortable rooms with flat screen tvs Jacuzzi style tubs. Comfortable and luxurious suites.
I like the hotel itself, seems to be a apartment or condominium conversion, but they have done quite a nice job. Most areas of the hotel are nice, with a modern sophisticated look, and quite comfortable.
Breakfast does not have a wide variety, but it is good and tasty. I do not think you would be disappointed. Staff is friendly some with limited English, but they need some customer service. Do not expect service of a 5 star, hotel but it has decent service. Difficult to find this hotel on the online booking servi ces may try otel dot com and you will get a really good price. I found it through our business representatives in Bogota
The best feature of this hotel is that it is close to the most popular nightlife spots of Bogota.
5 blocks from parque de la 95 (walking distance) Here you will find several restaurants bars and nightclubs.
Very short taxi ride could walk, but maybe arouns15-20 blocks, from the Zona Rosa and Zona T (both are next to each other), where you will find lots of restaurants, bars, discothèque, and even 2 malls. Zona G and Zona T my favorite for the ambiance and the wide variety you have to choose from your dining and entertainment enjoyment Zona G is also close by but a little further away

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 6th floor, if you do not like stairs You wil need to access the fith floor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ericucho n
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed at hotel grand house and it was a great experience!
On the outside the building looks like an apartment building but once you are inside your perception changes completely especially on the restaurant and in the extra large rooms!
The stag was ready to help me with the slightest detail
Service and food where outstanding!

Greatly recommended