Anandamayi Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Muisca Hotel(Bogota)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Boutique ADAZ(Santa Marta)
Hotel Regina(Bogota)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot water bottlesla candelariabusy citybogota bike tourcandelaria districtshared bathroomtaxi driverspent nightshammocksdormcomputerssleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and I really liked the tranquility of the place. The breakfast is good where they supply you with ample coffee and tea and you cook your own eggs. The beds are very comfortable and the dorms are very clean.

The negatives are how you constantly have to get someone to open the door for you. They should invest in keypad lock or something. Its minor but annoying.

Although the staff was great, I was not really keen on the owner. She seemed a bit to bossy to me for my liking. I sat down on the couch and she berated me on how I should watch out that I need to make sure there is nothing on the couch before I sat; there was nothing on the couch. Isnt it common sense to look at where you sit? That was weird.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Not the cheapest place for budget travelers but definitely a very nice place to stay. It has a lovely interior garden and is all nicely decorated. The toilets were clean and bright. The breakfast was plentiful and it is close to the action in La Candelaria.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at Anandamayi at the beginning and the end of our trip through Colombia. Place, service, garden and rooms are just excellent. There is also breakfast, but this is rather basic. The hanging mats to rest are a must to do!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toondebacker
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hostel was almost too good. It has spoilt me for other hostels! I planned to stay about 5 nights, and ended up staying 11.

Things that make this hostel great:

- A lovely garden
- A good included breakfast: an egg, 3 pieces of bread, 2 types of jam, fresh sweet tomato juice, tea and coffee (the tea is always available, and there are 3 different types), cheese, hot chocolate. The staff were often nice enough to leave the 'cleaning up' 'til a little later when scruffy, sleepy guests slept in 'til almost 10am
- Lovely rooms, with extra blankets, 'treasure chest' lockers big enough to fit all your valuables easily, bedside tables and individual lamps
- Little extras like hot water bottles at night (so spoilt!)
- Friendly staff
- A safe environment (the front gate and door are kept locked, and you buzz to be let in 24/7)
- Great, clean individual bathrooms with toilet, shower, basin all-in-one; plenty of room to change and decent hot water. Towels provided.
- Calm and peaceful atmosphere. Sometimes quiet music playing, a central kitchen/common room which is often lovely and warm, heated by a wood stove. This is obviously not a big party hostel, but the setup means it is easy to meet other travelers, and it is close to some good bars and restaurants too.

One thing to note: there is a tip included when your bill is calculated. I chose to not pay this after only 10 minutes in the hostel, but was more than happy to tip well at the end of the stay (you can put cash in the little treasure box near one of the doors in the kitchen). Tips are for good service, and I certainly felt the employees at Anandamayi did great work keeping the place clean, with friendly conversation and smiles, advice, and other little kindnesses.

I've been traveling for about 9 months (this trip) and have stayed in countless hostels over the last 12 years. This place makes my top 5. Do yourself a favour and stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HarlequinPiano
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We were so happy with our choice to stay at this hostel. It is very well looked after and the owners have spent a lot of time creating the place. We loved the peaceful theme throughout. The hammocks were plentiful and we enjoyed using them throughout the day. The location in La Candelaria is great. The staff were absolutely incredible, they were always on hand to help and were lovely people. We recommend this place highly and really made our stay in Bogota a great one!

• Stayed: October 2013