“Best for layovers”

Habitel Hotel
Ranked #45 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I use habitel for location. My connection arrives too late to connect and my next flight is very early. Thus there are no other hotels closer to hotel. The Marriott is a nicier option however during the week Habitel is cheaper in price and like i said I use it only for layovers.

I must say I like the hotel for some reason. It is not nice but clean. The shuttle service is great. The rroms are big but towels are not soft. All in all this is a great layover option for the location to airport. If you were staying in Bogota for vacation or even a few days you do not want to use this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank brian_sutcliffe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a day-use basis while on a long stop-over in Bogota. Was very pleasantly surprised. Great service and large, comfortable room with excellent shower. Room service food was very tasty. Free shuttle to and from El Dorado airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank EmilRio
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I made an unplanned visit to this hotel, but had a very positive experience while here. I was only in Bogota for a connection flight from Pereira to Miami, when my flight was cancelled. The hotel staff were at the airport after much confusion to help me with my luggage, and get me off to the hotel. The hotel is about a mile or so from El Dorado airport, so very convenient if you need to be near the airport. They have a shuttle bus that runs to and from the airport every 15 to 20 minutes, beginning very early in the morning.

Once at the hotel I was given a standard room that was spacious, yet cozy, very clean, had a fantastic shower, and all the amenities I would need including wi-fi. Being a bit dazed and confused after a less than positive experience with my airline, the Habitel Hotel, and it's staff provided me with some much needed calm.

I did not venture out of the hotel, as I arrived late afternoon, was alone, not familiar with the area, and so cannot describe the surroundings beyond it being close to the airport. The hotel did have a nice bar, and restaurant at which I had two very good meals.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice already. For me the location is convenient. Security is very good, the street entrance is guarded.
The hotel is modern, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is also complete with fresh fruit and a cook to prepare omlets etc.
Make sure to ask for a room facing the rear as the traffic out front is terrible.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank eldevide
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I had a morning connecting flight out of Bogota and chose the Habitel for convenience based on its airport location. After I landed at the domestic terminal around 11pm on a Saturday night, the hotel shuttle took about 15 minutes longer to come than the hotel indicated it would based on assurances from a walkie-talkie carrying curbside official, and after I hopped in it continued to other terminal locations including picking up a large flight crew that filled every seat.

When it finally arrived at the hotel there were two people at reception handling check-in at a snail's pace -- around midnight, I waited over 20 minutes. The fellow who checked me in did not really speak English and had a lot of trouble answering basic questions, such as at what time would I need to be in the lobby the following morning to catch the shuttle to the terminals.

When I finally got to my room, I was initially relieved -- it was clean, not small, and well furnished. However, as another reviewer noted, there is no ventilation or climate control system. I eventually wound up opening the screenless window a crack to let some air in, but that also let in airport and street noise. The shower looked nice, with a glass door and detachable spray head, but it was impossible to direct it in any way other than shooting water at the door and onto the bathroom floor. Bed was comfortable and there was a decent flat screen TV and wireless internet.

The following morning check-out was a bit less of an ordeal than check-in. The first shuttle filled up, as did the second one that arrived shortly thereafter but thankfully I was able to nab a seat before it too completely filled. Joltingly bumpy ride, too.

Overall, a very average airport hotel -- I was glad my stay was limited to one night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Chose this hotel since it was close to the airport, as we had to fly out the next day to the States. Hotel picked us up for free from the airport, which was nice. Got there and were allowed to check in early. Room was very nice. Sitting area, bedroom, bathroom. The shower was kinda screwy though, I dont know if it was a handicapped accessible or what, but I could just not figure out the shower head. Anyway, free wireless internet and free breakfast in the morning. Gym area was nice with the jacuzzi and sauna and massage arera. Had a couples massage, which was average. Checkout was easy. Recommend if you need something close to airport, but if you are in Bogota long term, stay in the north area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Somebody told me that Habitel was a good place to stay and I recommended the place to my business partner, when he went to his room the smell from the carpet was terrible, it does not have any type of ventilation system only the exhaust fan in the bathroom, In one opportunity I went to visit my business partner and had to wait for a long period of time at the front desk to be announced, when I requested to call for extra help, the front desk personnel got into an argument telling each other, "that is not my job" , then you have to be escorted to the room and the guest has to sign a book (A hotel or jail?), I call for the manager and after half an hour a male wearing jeans and a sports jacket with the hotel logo introduced himself as the manager, this person does not speak any English is nothing wrong with that but it is not good for his position, I explained him the situation in the middle of a battle of mosquitoes that fly freely in the bar area, at the end, my business partner had to leave because the carpet's bad smell was too strong, the manager promised to email me back with a follow up from the situation at the front desk, nothing yet and it has been a week, if this is a 5 star diamond hotel, I'll give 7 stars to the Knights Inn a 1 star hotel in Florida, I wonder how come a hotel with that kind of rudeness, regular suites (if you can call them suites) is rated 5 star diamond.
If you go to this hotel, bring mosquitoes repelent, carpet deodorant and patience.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business