“Very good hotel near airport”
Review of Habitel Hotel

Habitel Hotel
Ranked #42 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good hotel near airport”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A very good hotel very near airport.

Friendly and helpful staff.

They have shuttles from/to airport every 15 minutes.

The breakfast was included and it is ok, they don't have much variety.

The down site it take a while to go to "downtown" during daytime, to have a nice lunch, or shopping, because of the heavy traffic.

Room Tip: There are some rooms without conditioner, ask for the ones with it. I think the rooms with A/C is on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Felamg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I usually stay at Habitel when my agenda keeps me closer to the airport, which lately has been 90% of the times :-/
The Hotel is just a great setting, customer service is superb and everybody for the years I've been in this place, always treat me as a superstar making me feel at home! I can name all the people by name now and they continue to be courteous and respectful, never surpassing the client-service provider line. Another building is almost ready for opening, I'm sure the acceptance and recommendation is bringing much success to this hotel. The amenities such as Gym, Sauna, Massage, Beauty salon, are in pristine condition and easily accessible. I believe I and a flight captain, when we had the opportunity to cross paths are the only ones using the Sauna... it is totally new and the humid room is just perfect.
Food is good, Bogota has awesome places to go and eat so there is always better choices, but when you are stranded for work or layover from the airport at the hotel, food is alright: empanadas, sopa dos mares, ossobuco in linguini... the best!
Although the hotel is the closest to the airport and allows me to wake up one-hour later to catch my flight as when I stay at the North of the city... always risking to lose my flight due to the intense and terrible traffic.
So much good news ehh? The bad part, and I swear is the only bad part I have to report is when a flight is cancelled and hundreds of people just arrive and clogs the reception desk, the bar and the restaurant... then everybody turns crazy and service deteriorates. Just the time I brought my wife and daughter as last day in Bogota and to be closest to the airport, an aerolineas argentinas flight got stranded and everything broke loose, my daughter then stated "and this is the perfect hotel you were talking about...?" :-/ I referred this to an attendant whom in turn called the administrator and within minutes we received the apologies, were placed at a set up table at the bar, quieter than anyplace at the time, and had one waiter from Santa Martha at our service. Just perfect turn around! ;-)

Room Tip: Always book your room and then ask for free upgrade, room 229 or 329 are the best. The airplanes'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dinonasi
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is perfect for a lay over. I needed a place to stay for a 12h over-night lay over. It is really close to the Eldorado Airport (about 5min drive) and have their own shuttle service. I stayed there 2 nights, one on the way to my destination and then on the way back. Had a perfect night sleep, great breakfast and great service. The only minor problem was not having AC in one of the rooms. So if you need it, ask for it on your reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JBosiAlmeida
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had a 14 hours transfer at El Dorado airport and I decided to book at Habitel Hotel. Got the shuttle bus few minutes after i started to wait and in 5 mins I arrived at hotel. Staff is friendly and helpul with a good english level. Rooms are spacious and functional, very nice atmosphere also in the bathroom.
My room was very quiet even if the hotel is only few hundred metres away from the runways.
Great place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
San Antonio de Pereira, Colombia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I landed here "by accident." Our flight from the US was severely delayed, and the airline was nice enough to put us up in Habitel Hotel during the 5 hours before out connection to Medellin. We managed to get 3 hours of much-needed sleep. The beds were sufficiently comfortable.

Habitel appears to be a new hotel. The premises are clean and modern. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are right-sized and have all the amenities you would expect in a hotel oriented towards business travelers. The rooms are well-appointed and have all the amenities to ensure convenience and comfort. My only comment is that the beds are not up to standards of an international hotel and are a bit hard on the body. We did not have much time to enjoy the excellent breakfast offered by the hotel as we had an early 7:15 am flight to catch.

Habitel was a pleasant surprise, and turned out to be a welcoming haven for two sleepy travelers at 2:30 am in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very nice hotel near the Bogota airport. Very quiet. Great service from the ever attentive staff who are there to provide you with whatever you need. Did not eat there except for breakfasts, which were quite good. One would expect great coffee while in Colombia, but unfortunately, the coffee here is not so good. Reminded me of american hotel watered down coffees..

Upon arrival at the airport, there was a nice lady with a sign and our names on it. You don't see that with most hotels that I travel to, and I travel quite a bit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was a single female travelling on my own in need of a safe hotel for the night after a full days travel! And I would definitely recommend this hotel. I had emailed in advance to advise of my flight details although I rang to confirm when I didn't get a reply to my email. But they had my details and were waiting for me with a sign at arrivals so that I could avail of the free bus transfer (which takes about 3/4mins!). The hotel has security on the gates which are always closed.

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful and the hotel was very clean and modern. There was excellent wifi access in each room also. My room was a good size with tv and lovely clean bathroom and huge shower!! Breakfast the next morning had an excellent selection and the staff couldn't have been more helpful (especially with someone who only has little Spanish!).

My only bad comment is that the hotel is very close to the airport and my room was right at the back effectively overlooking a runway (at least it felt like it!). I was woken at 6.30 the next morning as regular planes flew past so ask for a quiet room if possible.

Room Tip: My room at the back of the hotel suffered from noise from the airport
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo