“There is a reason this is Columbia' #1 restaurant.”
Review of Criterion

Criterion
Ranked #17 of 2,795 Restaurants in Bogota
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The whole experience we had at Criterion was almost flawless. There is an excellent english speaking maitre d (who had only been there 4 days when we ate, yet had a complete understanding of the very extensive menu). There are also menus in english which is relatively uncommon in Columbia.
The menu is extremely extensive and caters for all tastes. The chef is obviously extremely talented, the balance of flavours in every dish was amazing. He appeared in the restaurant later in the evening was very likeable and very humble. I felt honoured to have met him.
The piece d resistance is the shared dessert. It is constructed by the pasty chef at the table before you. The end is result is a piece of edible art, however, the flavour of the food still reigns supreme, even with such a high level of theatrics.
The dining area is beautifully and tastefully decorated. Considering the quality I thought the meal was an absolute bargain.
This was a true high end eating experience that is within the top 3 eating experiences of my life.
If you eat at one nice restaurant in Bogota, make Criterion the one. You can thank me later!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our business team were taken to this restaurant which is rated in the elite of Latin America. The menu was interesting with local and international options, the service immaculate and the Maitre D' knowledgeable and perfect English which was a great help. Desert was a shared event which is hard to describe but good fun. I can't speak to value as I never saw the bill. One of of the best in Latin America is a tall order and perhaps not, but a very good restaurant it certainly is.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place is amazing. It was a lovely space in a great area. We had the 6-course (would definitely do 9 next time!) tasting menu with wine pairings and the food and wine were both outstanding. The cuisine was remarkable - every dish had a sense of wonder and playfulness about it that caught your attention. The only comparables I can think of are Eleven Madison Park and WD-50. We had many wonderful dining experiences in Colombia but this one took the cake. It will be a meal to remember for a long time and I definitely look forward to returning one day. I don't understand some of other reviewers - I guess the opinion on value depends on what you're accustomed to paying for a high end meal. For us, coming from NYC, this place is a steal.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had an amazing dinner in this restaurant's beautiful space. We shared multiple appetizers so that we could try more dishes. All were excellent!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Criterion recently won the title of best restaurant in Colombia , so we were keen to visit again.
Here is a short resume of our experience .
Reservation was easy on the phone , still when we arrived it was clear that best tables were reserved for the frequent visitors . Our table next to the stairs was not uncomfortable but a bit in the way .
Although the Kir Royal is on the drinks list , we had to show it written to the waiter , so that he would understand what we were asking for.
For such a nice restaurant you would expect table cloth or elegant table sets and not cheap plastic sets .
The menu is very extensive , probably a bit too much , as some dishes have been prepared too much in advance and get to be slightly overcooked ( my gigot for instance) but they still are good and well presented .
Lobsters tail was excellent .
The desserts are a real show and very tasty.
There is a bit of an issue with the air conditioning as the waiters end up opening a window , which is not so nice in the cold Bogota evening .
I list all these small details to support improvement but we did have a nice experience and would recommend the restaurant for special occasions , as price is aligned with positioning.

1  Thank LePapito