“stayed here recently from 16th-20th August, 2012”

Ocean Spray International Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Ocean Spray International Hotel
Ranked #7 of 24 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“stayed here recently from 16th-20th August, 2012”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

will list the bad first.
no swimming pool
no porters to help with suitcases and they have stairs, no service lifts
no cable tv in rooms although there was a television
no floor mat in bathroom when stepping out of the shower which tended to be slippery when wet
no hair dryer in bathroom, no complimentary shampoo or lotions
one of the nights there was ants crawling on the b/room wall
the breakfast was quite limited to just toast, eggs, sausages, roti, pumpkin, coffee or tea
we had to purchase the juice from a refrigerator in the reception area @ G$220. a piece if we wanted to have juice with our breakfast, said refrigerator was not working so the drinks were hot. we were however given cups with ice
i indicated when booking my room that i would be paying with my credit card. on arrival i was told that the machine was down and was sent for repairs. the following morning it was mildly suggested i should pay for my first night in cash. at the end of my first day i was informed that the machine was still not working and i should pay for the rest of my stay in cash, which i might add i did not cater for but had no other choice. this kinda put me in a bit of a bind for the rest of my stay because of my cash impediment.

now for the good:
on arrival the staff was friendly
the room was adequate enough for what it was intended, (only needed somewhere to sleep at night but was gone all day. I stayed in room 111) partial view of the sea wall from this room's balcony.
room was tidied everyday before our return. i stayed with my 16yr old son
air conditioned, hot/cold shower, WIFI which i enjoyed
breakfast although limited, was very tasty
on request, taxi was called with efficiency
staff friendly, courteous attentive, helpful
price great
location nice
ambiance average
Guy $$'s can be purchased at the front desk

hope i covered everything here and that it was helpful

Room Tip: room 111 not bad. partial view of the sea wall and Atlantic ocean from the balcony. if you're...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank ann5843

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days in August of 2012 and loved it.All the staff member were great from house keeping,front desk,kitchen staff and security they were all friendly and very professional. If you are looking for a very quiet ,private,low key and clean place to stay i highly recommend ocean spray.

Room Tip: get the second floor facing the seawalls.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank yvette c
Queens NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at Ocean Spray for 8 days & the staff were awesome, everyone of them, from the guys at night to the ladies all day. I would go back there anytime, all those negative remarks are from people who can never be happy with anyone. The rooms were very comfy & if you want fresh seawall breeze all you have to do is sit on the patio, have your breakfast out there, walk across the main road to Celina's, take a walk on the seawall. If people want to have better service & treatment that this staff provides then stay home. Jovita,Suzie,Yasmin, Devi & everyone else, I'll see you next year!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, I checked them out. :) if you need towels for the beach walk with your own...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gaitrie P
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel alone from July 4 2012 to July 10 2012 and found it conveniently located at the northeastern Georgetown perfectly next to the seawall in Kitty the staff were untrained but they tried their best to make my stay as comfy as possible. The air conditioner was great and the two sheets on the bed was very thin so walk with your own blankets the towels was the worst and I used it to walk around the slippery bathroom and sink. The floor outside the room is slippery when wet and the rails around the balcony children could pass between and fall to the ground. The shower has a soap dish that is poorly buit and the soap woud fall off, the room has no bedside light and the bed is hard and extremely uncomfortable. The taxi service the hotel recommended to me I travel with once and I didn't take it again because the Driver was unsafe and very rude and worst racial and swearing at me. This hotel seems a bit noisy about five times I had to called the staff to complain about noise around my room either outside or next door.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Omar N
richmondhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is my second yr staying at this hotel. Great hotel but greater staff from Jovita, to susie who still makes a great cup of coffee & breakfast to Indra who leaves my room spotless. Not forgetting the "kids" at the front desk who rushes to my aid everytime I think the AC isn't working. I stayed from 2/20/12 to 3/12/12. Everyday & night was filled with tranquility what else can one ask for.

For the second yr in a row I would recommend this hotel over the many others I have stayed at.

To the staff at Ocean Spray see you all hopefully next year and once more thank you all for making my stay at Ocean Spray wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms in front are closest to the hotel balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jagotusk29
richmondhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

Ocean Spray Hotel is amazing. Jovita at the reception desk is a kind warm friendly person who manages to keep her professionalism but yet be friendly at the same time. My maid Indra is the best. She's is beyond clean & tidy. Susie, makes the best coffee. I spent 24 days at this hotel and booked the deluxe room with two beds. The room is spacious, had a fridge, a balcony(which overlooks the atlantic), the stand up shower is also amazing. Every thing about the hotel was great. The security watchman was a bit stuck up & was kinda rude to my driver at times but we just ignored him. There are always people checking in and out of this hotel it's not a place where you will feel alone and isolated, Ocean Spray Hotel is by far the best hotel in Guyana period.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jagotusk29
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Our stay was only a place for sleeping and taking a shower, found the bath floor very slippery did not have a mat in shower stall, when yo get out of the show no bath mat to stand on, we asked for a bath mat only to be told to use one of our hand towels, asked for sheet to be changed as we noticed blood on one of the sheets when we turned it down to go to bed and was told that there was no one to change it we had to wait until the morning after arguing a young man finaly came to achange all the beds. too much hassel to get little things not worth my time breakfast if you are not a tea or coffee drinker sorry no juice and water was not offered. we got better service and lots of smiles the day before we booked out, what a transformation, sorry I only pay for service and I did not feel as though I was served. Won't be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business