“Service with a Smile”

and 1 more site!
Grand Coastal Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My family and I experienced a very hospitable welcome by their warm, friendly staff and throughout our stay we enjoyed a high level of service. The staff consider the comfort and security of their guests to be high priority and they went to great lengths to facilitate our needs and remember our preferences. The service here is like the Carlton Ritz of Guyana, but in a cosy setting. Situated in a well-to-do residential area, the hotel is small but well appointed with adequate facilities for a business or pleasure traveller. It provided an excellent base for our trips into the interior. The hacienda style layout shielded you from the busy main road and made dining outdoors pleasant and cool. However, you have the option of an air-conditioned dining room should the mosquitoes start biting. The food here is cheap and delicious and I highly recommend their seafood grills and huge portions of creole breakfast with roti or bake, but go easy with the Guyanese curry if this is your first time to Guyana, as it was for me. I stayed in room 110 which I would request again as it is in an ideal location. Although the rooms are not very large, they are comfortable and facilitate a good night’s sleep. Housekeeping in 110 was excellent and kept us well supplied with toiletries and towels. We enjoyed our regular cable channels, the convenience of a fridge and the comfort of both a/c and an overhead fan. The only thing missing from the room was facilities to make tea and coffee, but very early every morning there was self-service tea and coffee available, literally outside the door. The seawall is a stone’s throw from the main road and provides a very pleasant walk. Be careful crossing the main road and look out for the donkey taking a stroll, horse and cart trotting along and the cows grazing along the wall. However, as advised by the hotel staff, do not venture out in the late afternoon and evening. The only downside is that the hotel is on the “backside” of Georgetown and an hour away from Timehri airport. During rush hour you will have to factor in extra time. However, I will definitely stay here again as it felt like home away from home.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you can't manage stairs, order a ground floor room. Deluxe rooms are be...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Soraya A

Reviewed 28 April 2014

In seeking a location to stay in Georgetown prior to an morning departure back to the States, we came across this location. We never really had any prior knowledge of the hotel, but were happy to discover an affordable rate. Upon check-in, we were greeted warmly and escorted by management to our rooms. We found the rooms to be very well appointed to meet our needs and actually had the roll-out beds in place as we had previously requested. In addition to appreciative service, we enjoyed a nice pool, familiar cable channels, and delicious food in the hotel restaurant. We also found that the location in an more upper class area to be quite desirable. We intend to make this hotel a place of destiny in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here in Feb on a business trip to Guyana. (7 rooms). The hotel is a little out of the main downtown Georgetown area but we had transport so not a big issue. Rooms were small but clean & comfortable.

We ate breakfast and some late meals there, never had a sit down dinner. Food was good. The Grill Night looked good though, but we were whisked off elsewhere for a business related function. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Nice little bar in the front near the pool.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Al C
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recently returned from a business stay at the Grand Coastal. We had meetings at the hotel and that was the reason that we stayed there. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was quite a way away from where I had stayed in the past and I was a little worried. It turned out great. The staff was great. The food was excellent. Guyana night was excellent. Cheryl our waitress was amazing and went out of her way to take care of us. It was an excellent value for the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and loved it! There is an authentic feel to the hotel that makes you know you are in Guyana and not just anywhere.

The room was comfortable clean and had a large bathroom and flat screen TV. Free wifi was great. We follow the Rick Stevens model of modest accommodations and this more that surpassed that bar.

The food was the best part of staying here. Very tasty, I wish they had even more options although I didn't see the bar menu so their could be more Guyanese choices on it.

The staff was wonderful and friendly.

The thing I was concerned the most with was the location from the city center, however that was not an issue. The hotel contracts with a taxi service that was there to pick us up within 3 to 5 mins of calling them. They even came to get us from Georgetown when we called them. It was really nice and relaxing driving up the coast to and from the hotel.

We plan to return with our kids and stay at the Grand Coastal.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merajay
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We first stayed at Grand Coastal Hotel for 5 days in January 2013, and were happy to be booked there again this January, when we stayed for 6 days. The people working there were gracious, helpful, and eager to make our stay a pleasant one. The food was delicious, from the pumpkin and roti breakfast to varied fish and chicken dinners. The small bar next to the pool made a delightful stop at the end of the day. We had a group of 20 for a closing dinner for our program, and it was planned and served with great care, and with great food. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharlene C
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My family and I were visiting Guyana after 13 years, and having had no family there, we chose to stay at the Grand Coastal Hotel. It is centrally located, and we felt safe at all times there. The service is exceptional, from the wait staff, to the cleaning staff, to management. Everyone takes the greatest care to ensure all your needs are met, with patience and efficiency. Being pure vegetarians, we were pleasantly surprised at the availability (and variety) of really great vegetarian meals. We had most of our meals there, instead of venturing out to dine at other local places, and old friends joined us there several times for dinner. Among locals too, they are quite popular, being a hub of activity for the who's who of Guyanese society. All of our guests that met us there also had lots of good things to say about the food there. Whether you're a Guyanese returning home, or a foreigner experiencing Guyana for the first time, the Grand Coastal Hotel is a wonderful place to experience local cuisine. As a returning Guyanese, Grand Coastal was a home away from home for me. I found the rooms there to be comfortable, and clean. One of my absolute favorite things there was the TV; despite being away from home, I was able to watch all the shows I watch at home!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family