My family and I experienced a very hospitable welcome by their warm, friendly staff and throughout our stay we enjoyed a high level of service. The staff consider the comfort and security of their guests to be high priority and they went to great lengths to facilitate our needs and remember our preferences. The service here is like the Carlton Ritz of Guyana, but in a cosy setting. Situated in a well-to-do residential area, the hotel is small but well appointed with adequate facilities for a business or pleasure traveller. It provided an excellent base for our trips into the interior. The hacienda style layout shielded you from the busy main road and made dining outdoors pleasant and cool. However, you have the option of an air-conditioned dining room should the mosquitoes start biting. The food here is cheap and delicious and I highly recommend their seafood grills and huge portions of creole breakfast with roti or bake, but go easy with the Guyanese curry if this is your first time to Guyana, as it was for me. I stayed in room 110 which I would request again as it is in an ideal location. Although the rooms are not very large, they are comfortable and facilitate a good night’s sleep. Housekeeping in 110 was excellent and kept us well supplied with toiletries and towels. We enjoyed our regular cable channels, the convenience of a fridge and the comfort of both a/c and an overhead fan. The only thing missing from the room was facilities to make tea and coffee, but very early every morning there was self-service tea and coffee available, literally outside the door. The seawall is a stone’s throw from the main road and provides a very pleasant walk. Be careful crossing the main road and look out for the donkey taking a stroll, horse and cart trotting along and the cows grazing along the wall. However, as advised by the hotel staff, do not venture out in the late afternoon and evening. The only downside is that the hotel is on the “backside” of Georgetown and an hour away from Timehri airport. During rush hour you will have to factor in extra time. However, I will definitely stay here again as it felt like home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Coastal Hotel located on the East Coast outside of Georgetown has been enjoying business in Guyana for about thirteen years. It's a 40-room facility that has grown to become one of the best places to stay in terms of our affordable prices, fantastic service and delicious food. The menu has many options to choose from since we cater to various international guests, yet doesn't forget about their own people with the Flavors of Guyana on Wednesday nights. Some of the best local dishes Guyana has to offer are served this night. Grand Coastal is home to many other amenities such as a fully equipped gym, pool, complementary broadband Internet and cable television and other luxuries that are sure to make your stay pleasurable. Our smiles are bright, our service unmatched and our hotel is your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Coastal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coastal Hotel Georgetown
- Grand Coastal Hotel Guyana/Georgetown