Pegasus Hotel Guyana
The Eldorado Inn(Georgetown)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
All reviewspoolside restaurantlive bandbreakfast buffetbusiness trippool sidegeorgetown guyanathe air conditioningenjoyed my staycleaning staffsalted fishgymupgradesseawallbreezetaxissignalusd
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I'm from the UK and I've been staying here on and off for the past 10 years and I wouldn't change hotels in Georgrtown. If anything, it's gone down in my estimations simply because it's tried to conform to the 'international standard'. I'm in Guyana, why should I want a US/European hotel? Embrace the differences, all the essentials in a hotel are here. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable, the service and food is good and the atmosphere is truly form Guyana. The only reason why I haven't given it five stars is because the bar and reception have lost their character. Stay here if you have any soul whatsoever and want to embrace the Caribbean culture, if not stay in the new 'international' hotel that will be opening next door. Having just come from Texas this hotel is a real breath of fresh air.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ffishslice
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed in the pegasus several times over 5 years and i can see that they are working to "try" and update the hotel. Several of the rooms have been updated with some still waiting to be done. unfortuantely i was allocated one of the units waiting :( With that said the finishes in the updated rooms leave alot to be desired but we must remain mindful this is a developing country. Food is pleasant but quite expensive for what it is. The pizza is done well and always a safe bet. Staff in the outside restaurant need to pay more attention to servicing their customers as there is often a long time between drinks and/or dinner. Cleanliness in the general area of the hotel is quite good but unfortunately as you will note from my uploaded photos some of the rooms need help. Advise do not stay in a room at the rear of the hotel as oh lord the generator is noisy at night.

Room Tip: do not choose the rear of the hotel due to generator noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Evelyn M
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Pegasus is one of the more popular hotels in Georgetown. The restaurants are good. The room i stayed in was an executive room. The room was a good size with all the amenities you come to expect. The wifi connection was good. The hotel needs to pay attention to the areas in the room not in plain site. For instance there were scoff marks and dirty curtains.

However you will be comfortable here once you can get pass the issues above. Bed was comfortable and clean, including the bathrooms.

I would recommend but with the Marriott opening (under construction about 1 block down), Pegasus has its work cut out for it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ravi G
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I am here for the last few days on business. The hotel is old but the room and bathroom are large and bed is comfortable, TV has some US channels and it faces the pool.

The food in the restaurant is local and an average attempt to have some international aspect to some of the dishes.

The gym is surprisingly new and with more equipment than other "five star" hotels.

The price here is salty... Location is the best in town.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms facing the pool, not the ocean, too much noise from the engine room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rodrigo O
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Our Stay was a wonderful one. The service and the staff was excellent. Nakita and Tyrone was a pleasure to work with. Nikita listened to us and complet our request (ie. the room of our choice). The hotel staff saw I need to use my blow dryer and brought me a large mirror so I could use my blow dryer in the room, since I couldn't use it in the washroom.

Regards,