“Travelling alone and felt at home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Halito Hotel & Residence

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Halito Hotel & Residence
Ranked #3 of 23 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Travelling alone and felt at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The most important thing while travelling alone is the way management and staff respond and i really felt athome, from the receptionists to waitresses and security guards, to the great ms bianca and her colleagues at the office it was a great pleasure to stay here. They did all that was possible to book me the tour to kaieteur and orinduik which btw is a MUST if you visit Guyana. Lots of info about safe areas to walk and places to eat, and lots of interesting chats. I cannot find anything bad about the place, just stay here when in Georgetown!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank fabiofort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Originally stayed with my Fiance but had such a bad reaction to the mosquito bites he moved me into a Hotel,my safe haven of Halito.
We were in room 101 a standard suite.
It had a full 4 gas burner cook top,pots pans spatulas etc. It also came with a full size refrigerator,tea kettle microwave oven and toaster.
It was nicely air conditioned which kept the mosquito's at bay and the air conditioner had a remote control which came in very handy.
Check in was painless and quick ,all staff from the doorman who helped get our bags up the flight of stairs to the other staff were kind and very friendly,they even showed me what the presidential suite and some of the other bigger suites looked like and they were quite nice and the furnishing presently is different from the pics they have on the net ,they really need to update their pics of them.
Parking was a little tight but we were always able to find a spot directly in front of the hotel where the bellman/security guard always sat outside watching the parked vehicles.
Drove to Bourda Market for some of the best mangoes I have ever eaten and Nigels supermarket on Light and Robb street for snacks.
They do have a continental breakfast which we were not told about on check in. I knew from the previous reviews and those reviewers were correct when they said it didn't amount to much. We went and were offered a banana muffin,toast and a choice of 3 sweeten kiddy type cereal,so we passed and had breakfast cooked in our room. They did offer for a fee a loaded omelet but the cost was 3000 gyd or about 15 dollars,I just couldn't pay that, I dont pay that much in any Restaurant in Texas I certainly wont in Georgetown.
The fridge is loaded daily with 3 different kinds of beer,coke,sprite tonic water and ginger ale I think. They also had bottle water but it is cheaper to go to the store and buy your own as it is approx 1 or 2 usd "cheaper at the store" for the water and even the locals dont drink from the tap.
Please note that everything in the fridge including the pringle potato chips are a chargeable item with the exception of 1 bottle a day of water if you drink more than one they bill you.
The bathroom was exceptionally clean,of decent size with extremely hot water.
Internet was good I could Skype the kids back home and chat a bit as well as surf.
We originally had problems with the net as the receptionist gave us the wrong password so we couldn't get in and after several calls the next day and a different person were given the correct one and no further problems.
For drinks the hotel was a little to expensive so we went to Altitude,very nice nice spot with cool breezes over looking Georgetown,cheap bar eats and cheaply priced but wonderful drinks,it sits on top of JR burgers so when you enter go immediately to the left and you see the elevator to take you up.
Went to Oasis restaurant for lunch a couple of times it is a 5 min walk from the Hotel and very good.
Would I come back to this hotel again? Oh yes and I am already making plans to do so this Spring.
I originally booked this room on booking.com with the plans of cancelling within 24 hours of the arrival time. I told my fiance I could handle mosquito's and he told me to keep the reservation and if after 3 days I did survive then ok cancel it,well as you know the rest is history.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank KARLANETTETX
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been a guest at this hotel for over 8 years. I had stopped staying there about two years ago until recently when i was told that it is under new management. I must say that i'm very pleased with the service offered by the staff members and the way they made me feel right at home. Unlike when it was under the Cara brand, i felt like all management cared about was my checkout slip. Job well done but i do hope management keep up the quality of service and standard they provide and not let the standard drop when it was under Cara Suites.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 105 recently and the decor was gorgeous. The is also a Kitchenette.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Jasmine A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

At Halito Hotel, employees treat you like family and they always responsive to your every need I meet the owner of the hotel and she is very sweet and and she always takes care of any concern the clients have and she makes sure everybody is booked in without an problems

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jlove19
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. Everything from the decor, the facility layout and the ambiance to the friendliness of the staff exceeded my expectations. i find the halito Hotel is very trendy hotel. The rooms are awesome from the beds to the shower. very clean and protected . The hotel location is but 5 to 10 minutes walk to downtown and few night spots..
great service all around , the hotel restaurant Bistro 176 food was excellent from international to local dishes i had the local. and with the hotel bar serve up some great drinks.. its was really an enjoyable stay..
i will recommend this hotel to friends my family
dn

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank dodgecharger06
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Never wrote a review before but my experience warrants me writing this one. The Halito hotel provides professional and quality service. The facilities are clean and well maintained. If you are coming to Guyana it is definitely the best place to stay. More than accommodating! Won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank clearly_nelly
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have been going to Guyana on business since 2006 and each time I go I have to stay in the Halito Hotel. The staff are very responsive and attentive to my every need. The food is extremely good whether its a light breakfast or an evening meal in the dining hall. I can't say enough about my experiences with this hotel and its staff. Not only is the hotel a great place to stay but it also has great location to main street and several eateries. I always enjoy my stay and I will continue to stay there anytime I'm in Guyana on business or personally.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor all have nice balconies to enjoy your morning breakfast or just lounging and enjo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business