Regency Suites Hotel
US$76
US$86
Roraima Duke Lodge(Georgetown)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nice clean stay comfortable beds, elevator, restaurant, WIFI. Great rates. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Regency again, pretty quiet at night. I rate this hotel a 2.5 star in U.S. standards. Front is pleasant and helpful. Our group requested wake up calls for our early flight but none were received.

Room Tip: pay a little more for a better room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank zato1
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were booked here by an outfitter and it was just barely passable. The rooms were poor by third world standards and the staff was surly and unfriendly. The did do us a favor and warned us not to walk on the street in front of the hotel even during daylight hours. There was nearly no water pressure in the shower, walls very thin with lots of loud guests, screens didn't fit tightly so I had to fix them and the bedding was suspect.

We checked out and stayed less than a block away at another hotel which I will also review.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank michael n
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to Georgetown this was our first stay at the Regency. The hotel was conveniently situated with a great view over the town to the sea from the terraces situated at the front of each of the floors. The rooms had comfortable beds and the bathroom was clean and the shower welcoming. The small pool too was good for a dip and catching some sunshine. Its in a good location for main places of interest, you can see the Starbroek clock tower from the balconies. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast menu was flexible and the food was good. Stayed for two nights and I would recommend it to travellers to Guyana.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank KTJ60
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I read some of the negative reviews and hesitated in staying at the hotel, but a friend on mine that stayed there reccomended the hotel. I was born in Guyana and work at a to hotel, but I would not compare this hotel to international standards. But in terms of making my stay hospitable the staff did that, I felt like a home away from home for me and my family. I also met long time friends of mine staying at the same time, and they having been coming here for years. I will definitely reccomend this to my close friends and family, and will be staying here again next visit. When you are away from home, some of the things you look for are, security, convenience, efficient staff and quality. I found all of this and more at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Georgenurse
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel is totally disgracful, the pillows are stained, smelly and disgusting, the overall standard is horrible. All previous reviews had to be done by themselves. Way over price U.S 135.00 a night for horrible service and only included breakfast which you cannot receive in your room, if breakfast is served in ones room you have to pay extra it is no longer covered under the total price. The bathrooms are not properly clean. We wanted paper towel and was told that the office was close and the next day was a holiday, so we had to wait three day for one roll of paper towel. There is no kitchen as stated, we had to request a microwave be placed in the room, the bathroom only has one little roll to toilet paper, the towels are all stained and discolored. The only good thing about this hotel is location, very central. I would NOT recommend this hotel to any human, this IS JUST AN INSULT FOR ONES MONEY. There are too many hotels in Guyana to put up with this DOG treatment. JUST TERRIBLE AND WAY OVER RATED. See pictures below of dirty shower curtain and nastsy towels. Just below human standard.

Room Tip: Visitors reware Stay away, too many other choices, get service you pay for.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business