Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo
US$85
Q-Inn(Paramaribo)
US$64
US$62
All reviewsthe rivergreat hotelplatinum memberegg stationroom servicebusiness tripairport shuttlepool arealive musicsmall gymtaxi servicerooms are cleanshort staypleasant stayfree shuttlebusiness hotelclose to town
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Very accommodating staff, nice rooms, good food, good prices. Overall a very good representation of the Marriott Courtyard format, but the pervasive smell of mold or mildew is very bothersome.

Others in my party all had the same commentary, so I suspect that it must be in the air conditioning. I just got home and unpacked, and my clothing had the same smell.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

It must be challenging to be a business hotel and also carter for persons on some sort of vacation. I think they have struck a good balance. The lighting is effective so that you can work from your bed or ont he worksurface provided for you. This is great in the night some of these places you get to there are these dim lights that you are almost straining to see.

The rooms are large, so I can easily see if you are with children there is room to breathe. There was a strange empty feel to the room I was in, a nice sofa on one side and then a big empty space, I am thinking it is meant for the extra bed you can bring in. The highlight of the room is that it is a jacuzzi room and you can sit in the tub, angle the TV which is in the sleeping area, but just enough so that you can watch the TV while in the tub. Not going to be possible to hear while the jet sprays are on but that is okay.

Now to the other features, a modest work out space a few treadmills and then some other machines, and they are not from the dark ages. The nice thing about the 'gym' is that it is next to the pool and deck. But more importantly you look right out on to the river. In fact as I mentioned that, if you can book a room with a view of the river, I am guessing it must be awesome.

For the meals. They have breakfast included. Not a bad spread, and it includes an egg station so you can get eggs to order. Nice array of fruits and breads on the buffet, a mix of local breakfast eats and others. For the lunch and dinner menu I would say 'decent', not exceptional. But the bar service is excllent they make great drinks. You need that at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Go for river view if you can get it. It is about a US$5 into town, do it and stop before you get to town and you can get other eats if you need variety from the menu at the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had such a great time at Paramaribo - and a lot of it is down to how professional the staff is at the Courtyard. I wish I could send their training manual to every hotel we go to. And it wasn't just one or two members of the team - it was pretty much all of them that did an exceptional job. :Location is quiet and a little out of town but not too far out that you can't walk - and other than the first few hundred metres is a nice walk into town. Otherwise take the complimentary shuttle which leaves about every few hours. The actual hotel is modern and classier than other Courtyards we've been to. Only real downside is that the restaurant and kiosk items are expensive... and then the usual Paramaribo +service +tax on top! Having said that, we just ate out instead.

Next time we're in Parbo - I won't even look up other hotels - this place is great.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott is an exceptional place to stay. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We got a good internet rate for the night, then the staff matched the rate for an extra night. The location is excellent, overlooking the river. We took the complimentary shuttle downtown and walked back to the hotel. Our room was spacious, well appointed and clean. Internet is fast and reliable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HanamiPrincess
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Every time I go to Suriname I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. This is a very nice, clean, well organized business hotel. Extremely comfortable rooms! Very polite and serviceable personnel. I will always return to my 2nd home in Paramaribo

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business