“The best Korean food in Suriname, period.”

Lee's Korean Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 116 Restaurants in Paramaribo
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you like Korean food, this is the place to go. Kim chi, shrimp, and fresh fish always top the menu because the Koreans do most of the fishing in Suriname. Fresh catch can be had almost any day of the week as the shrimping boats ply the waters just outside the mouth of the Suriname River in the Atlantic Ocean.

3  Thank Ed S
There are newer reviews for Lee's Korean Restaurant

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This rates amongst the top 10 worse restuarants I have been to in recent years. Lots of the menu items were not available apparently because of the season, but yet other restuarants have the same dishes available nights before. Very limited choice, from the traditional Vietnamese dishes, 6 of the 7 is soup. From the starters the choice again is soup, actually 7 out of 7,even pepper soup. Service is extremely slow and unprofessional, no smiles, no suggestions, no communication. Waited 45 minutes after the main dish was cleared away to get asked if perhaps we would have liked to have dessert, or maybe something more to drink. Starters were very smelly and suspect shrimps, to save my stomach much agony, i decided to leave it after 2 bites.The so called Traditional Steak dish "Fillet" in a hot pan was nothing more than oil drenched wokked beef that was salty served with some dry rice, I did not even have a fork and knife replaced from my starters dish and ate my food with a spoon.
Sorry Mr Lee, if you dont step it up you will probably close doors soon.

2  Thank Gerardgroovy
Reviewed 28 November 2013

verry good food and service they helpfull waiter so you get what you want.
I will love to wissit this resturant again.

3  Thank mosterdk
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We went to this place for lunch today. I was so happy to find it! A simple bowl of bibimbap is such comfort food, and we've been living in Cayenne where there is definitely no Korean food. I've also been craving kimchee and the owner very generously helped me out in my quest to make it myself. The kimchee at this place is made by his mother, and I'd have been content with a bucket of it and a fork.

Nice people, good food, very fresh.

3  Thank DBG555
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I eat there a lot of times and the service is good. All the food is tasty and enough to eat. I go there at least twice a year. It's just that GOOD!!! Just try the hot-plate steak and the sweet and sour fish and shrimp. Also their fried rice and noodles are Yummy!! see you soon!!

3  Thank Roosje M