“Guesthouse Amice, Paramaribo”
Review of Guesthouse Amice

Guesthouse Amice
Ranked #3 of 38 Paramaribo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was very satisfied with the homey, relaxed environment at the Guesthouse Amice. Breakfast was always delicious, my room was clean and comfortable, and Jasondra, Ravi and staff were always courteous and helpful. I was able to get into the city by taxi from the guesthouse within 10 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gabrielle H

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Guesthouse Amice is the perfect choice for visitors to Paramaribo. Its perfect location and the warm and friendly atmosphere during the stay makes it very attractive.During my four week stay there i had continuously the feeling of being at home while on vacation.
Special thanks to Jasodra, Ravi, the ferocious :-) female dog Lazy and the whole staff that keeps Amice being what it is.
Amice will be definitely my destination for any future visits to Suriname.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally comfortable. Neighborhood is fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank boubker b
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Amice is an excellent choice for your stay in Paramaribo. It is located just outside the city centre in a quiet location and a taxi ride of about 10 minutes will take you to all the main locations in Paramaribo. All the rooms have (quiet air) conditioning and are nice and clean, most of them with balconies.

Jasodra and Ravi have gone out of their way to help us plan our trips, organising taxis and recommending things to do and places to eat.

Fully recommended to all!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gediel
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We found the guesthouse Amice online before we went on our trip. I could not have been happier! Jasodra and Ravi run a wonderful, welcoming and homey establishment. The room was spotless, air conditioned (important!), and extremely comfortable. Our room happened to have a balcony overlooking the pool. The included breakfast was a great way to start the day, and our hosts went out of their way to answer our many questions, find us taxis, and help us plan our day trips. Although Amice is not in the city center, it is only a 25-minute walk or 6-minute car ride away. As in most of Suriname, they accept payment in US dollars, Surinamese dollars, Euros, or MasterCard. My favorite part of the stay? Floating in the pool after a long day's hiking around!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool seemed quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Jasodra and Ravi have created an inviting, warm place that is a perfect place to revitalize after a day of seeing the sights of Paramaribo. The guest house is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts were delicious (and the pool is, well, perfect). We got lots of help, too, from Jasodra and Ravi with getting cabs and making reservations. Guest House Amice isn't in the city center but it's an easy walk to many places (the Waterkant; excellent restaurants) and cabs are cheap. I loved Suriname, and much of my good feeling came from my experience at the Guest House Amice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jartrob
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Picking the right place to stay on any trip can make or break your experience. I definitely picked the right place in what I was looking for; safe area, clean place, helpful staff, nice breakfast to start the day, few mosquitoes, good location, refreshing pool, night security and a price within my budget to name a few. It wasn't just the facilities that were nice but also the owners and staff. Need help finding something and you will, or help lining up one of the many tours available for sights to see they will do that for you too. Dutch is the official language and if you only have English they are great to have as hosts. I cannot say that for even some of the big hotels when I asked questions at their front desk. They call it a guesthouse and now I know why. Because, you really feel like you are a quest in their house and what pleasant hosts they are.
One more important thing at least to some I had read horror stories of mosquitoes in some places of Paramaribo but truth is I only saw 5 mosquitoes at the guesthouse all week. Just in case you should see one just ask about their electric mosquito racket. It's more fun than real tennis.

Room Tip: They have air conditioners available in some rooms . You can live with just the fan but A/C at nigh...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank adventurur
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I have stayed for 2 x one night at the Guesthouse Amice in February 2011 (single room without balcony). I have booked via eMail and got always quick and helpful responses. The Guesthouse is lovely and has a swimming pool. A great plus was that there are small snacks and beverages available at reasonable costs (and not the overpriced costs you have to pay usually at hotels). The city center is about 20 minutes by walking, the area is safe. The owners are very nice people and you have the feeling to visit long-time-friends. Breakfast was good. The room, where I have stayed first had television. The room, where I have stayed after my return from Guyana had no television (but that is not important to me).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo