Crowne Plaza Port Moresby
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Papua Hotel(Port Moresby)
View Hotel
Ela Beach Hotel(Port Moresby)
View Hotel
The Shady Rest Hotel(Port Moresby)
  • Pool
Lamana Hotel(Port Moresby)
Laguna Hotel(Port Moresby)
Hideaway Hotel(Port Moresby)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe club loungeeighth floortown areawifi worked wellthe general managera bit tiredcentral locationpassion fruithighly recommend this hoteldinner buffetswimming poolspecial thanksbusiness triproom rateshort staysecuritypt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week staying here for work, sharing a twin room. The beds are incredibly comfortable and even when I was working nightshifts, I was able to sleep well in the day.
There is reasonable variety of meals available, and it is possible to eat well even if you don't eat meat or fish, although if you do there was a great variety of seafood available.
The pool and gym aren't particularly fancy but are clean and pleasant. The bar is quite pricey (like everything in Port Moresby) but there were cheaper cocktails available one evening.
You can get wifi in your room by buying a card from reception. I bought a 50 kina card which give me unlimited MB for a total of 24 hours. Some times the internet doesn't work, but this meant it lasted longer! In all, it lasted about 5 days and I was able to use it to make decent length (30-60minute) video calls. There is internet access available on the computers in the business centre but be warned - it can end up being costly if you have a bit of work to do!
The hotel's best asset is it's staff. They have been incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. I would happily stay here again if I return to work here.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank BrisVagueness
JoanneAcott, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Bris Vagueness
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us, we appreciate your feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to your liking, a comfortable bed and a good nights sleep are always important.
I will certainly pass your comments to the team, they will be pleased to hear them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza when next you travel to Papau New Guinea.
Joanne Acott

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here three nights. The staff are all friendly and welcoming. Very typical hotel room. Breakfast was ok, flicked cockroach off a table (a problem of the tropics). The exec lounge is good. Very small but lots of banter and chat with anyone in the room. Sometimes hard to get into as door lock is temperamental.

Sound acoustics are poor. Can hear people having a pee in the loo next door or even moving around room (thanks neighbour for doing this at 3am).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JoanneAcott, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Leeming TOwer of Pizza,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased you found the team friendly and helpful. The Executive Club Lounge has always been a highlight for our guest using this service and you will be pleased to know we are currently working on plans to present to owners for expansion of this area, the door lock has been replaced and access is simple and efficient.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza when next you are in Port Moresby.
Joanne Acott

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Crowne is central and sure the Grand Papua next door is new and clean. However Crowne's rooms are larger, the corridors much more spacious, and the "old" Rapollo is much more pleasant
for breakfast or lunch owing to it being more open.The reception area is also much more open compared to the Grand Papuan's tiny area. Yes I agree that the Crowne is old and tired but I still prefer to stay there. Service is great and they make the effort to find out how they can improve (other than refurbish?) But if they refurbish prices may go up so I am happy with the way it is. Ask for the higher up rooms they are are in much better condition.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors - executive if you are willing to pay more
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Geoff H
JoanneAcott, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi GeoffH

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments, I am pleased to read that you enjoy staying with us at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby and I will certainly pass your comments regarding service to the team. We do pride ourselves on maintaining our service standards and we are always seeking ways to improve.
I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Port Moresby.

Joanne Acott & TEAM

Reviewed 19 May 2014

With its next door neighbour being the lovely Grand Papua Hotel, this property is sorely in need of a refurbishment. Having said that, the service is lovely, and the Rapalo Restaurant offers an exceptional dining experience. The rooms are comfortable - but without a significant investment, it will in my view, continue to lose ground against Grand Papua and Airways - and with it's renovated rooms increasing every day, Gateway. Serious Holiday Inn - when you are charging these rates - time to re-invest in the hard product.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stewart M, Executive Assistant Manager at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear dsm1961,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed area's of your stay including the service received, dinner in Rapala, and the comfort of your room. I have forwarded on your comments regarding the refurbishment of the hotel to our leadership team for review.

If you would like to discuss any other area's, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stewart.manson@ihg.com.

Kind regards
Stewart Manson
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Rooms on levels 3 & 4 stink avoid at all cost. Also if possible avoid "jointing" rooms as you never know who is on the other side or if they will fight all night. The carpet is disgusting with stains. The hotel needs to rebuilt. Pondos is the bar and is disgraceful. I use to visit frequently however I will be choosing a new hotel.

Room Tip: Non Smoking is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear CairnsOne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Port Moresby.

We are disappointed to read of the substandard experience whilst at the hotel, and please accept our sincere apologies for this. I have shared these comments with the Leadership team as we continually try to improve our facilities and services offered at the hotel.

I would like to discuss your concerns directly if possible. If you would like to add anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stewart.manson@ihg.com.

Kind regards