“Five Star Girls' Overnighter”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atchison
Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Atchison B&B and Inns
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
“Five Star Girls' Overnighter”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have stayed at many B&B's & quaint inns around the country, & would rate Glick Mansion right up at the top! Beautiful home with period furnishings that are "just right" for the house. Some lodgings have decorated the common areas nicely, with the rooms a disappointment. Not this one! In addition to our very special Annie's Attic, we had the opportunity to peek into some of the other rooms before guests arrived. Given my choice, I'd struggle to decide! And the food....absolutely delicious! Thank you, Chris & Loman, for doing what you do so well.

NOTE: Ignore my last two ratings below. I accidentally populated the bullets for pool & fitness center, which would not apply to this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
minneapolis
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Everything is wonderful at this historic house. Hosts are very accommodating. All the furnishings are chosen to make you feel like you have stepped back in time. Delicious breakfast! Comfortable bed. Definitely worth a visit! Yes they even have wifi! Also had a rollaway for our son.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My daughter has been working hard planning a wedding for a friend, and I took her here for a night to just relax and get some pampering for herself. We were greeted by the chirping birds and gorgeous flowers in the landscaping. The whole house is lovely; you could spend hours just taking your time to look at all the beautiful furnishings and details. After we got settled in our room, we headed downtown to eat, but brought our desserts back to enjoy on the screened-in porch at the front of the house. We watched a couple of movies from the inn's selection, slept great, and headed back to the porch for our breakfast. Chris served a scrumptious breakfast. We've stayed here several times over the years, and it is always a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: First Lady's Room is my favorite if my husband and I are here. Amelia's Room was ideal for...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JeanneS0phie
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed here about 8 times over the past 6 years and wish we could come more often! Chris makes the most delicious breakfast and even does something special for me due to my food allergies. Yes the house is old, really old and it has so much wonderful history and character! Isn't that what we look for in a B & B? As for the amenities -- the bathrooms were spotless and the new mattresses perfect...not too firm, and not too soft! The internet was great for updating email and downloading books to my Nook, and my room even included a cozy fleece robe. The coffee is ready upstairs on the sideboard every morning at 7, and they keep it coming! I got home yesterday, but my next stay is only 6 months away. I'm counting the days....!

Room Tip: Be sure to note the bath location and style as well as the size of the bed. Each room has a unique c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnneMP
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Glick Mansion is stunning and the rooms are very well decorated and they have thought of everything to make your stay extremely comfortable! Loman is so warm and Chris is an excellent conversationalist and the sweetest person. The breakfast is incredible and different each time I go. This was my 9th visit to the Glick Mansion and I enjoy every one of them.

Room Tip: Most all rooms have an in-suite bath with the exception of one, which is in the hall and close to th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank pamp4579
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The mansion is magnificent and the hosts were very accommodating. The breakfast was fabulous. The only minor negatives were that there is no off-street parking, and even though we chose our room because is has a bathtub, others might like to know that it has no shower. For us that was not a problem, but it could be easily assumed that a bath with a tub would also have some sort of shower.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NCswampmama
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a lovely time for our anniversary staying at this beautiful, historical mansion. The hosts were so very gracious and we felt very welcome there. Some of the special touches that really added to the experience: warm cookies in the evening, English tea in the afternoon, a coffee station in the morning, plush robes, comfy bed with heated blanket, Downton Abbey music, and the most amazing breakfast served on china and crystal and with linens and even candle light! We would highly recommend this lovely B & B!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the Eisenhower room since it is the only room with a bathroom in the hallway...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vickie M
sadieAtchison, Owner at Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atchison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Atchison
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
#1 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph

Been to Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion? Share your experiences!