“First stay at Bed & Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atchison
Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Atchison B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night here and quickly wished we had more time to stay. Everything was absolutely wonderful from the beautiful home, the sweet & helpful innkeeper family, to the amazing breakfast. We would not change a thing (except stay longer!)! What a delightful find in a quaint town! Highly recommended!! Was my first stay at a B&B - high standards have been set!

Room Tip: First Lady's room is stunning, stately, and heavenly comfortable. Bathroom is beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fmb200906

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I grew up in Atchison, and decided to stay last weekend during our 40th class reunion. We were truly impressed with the beautiful home, lovely Inn-Keeper family and exquisite homemade breakfast. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to get away for a night or weekend, to stay here. It is a nice walk downtown and to visit several mansion museums doted around the area. Chris and Lowman deserve top honors for their hard work, love and dedication they put into their Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Room, which had a private shower. Towels were changed every day and b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FunWeekend1
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose this off the internet because there was no occupancy in any of the motels in town. We had previously stayed at B&Bs before with mixed results.

I am a little reluctant to post such a glowing review, as it may increase the demand and the next time I pass through Atchison it could be sold out :-)

This place is simply wonderful. Absolutely clean, beautifully decorated, comfortable, with modern amenities. Our hosts were great... lots of fun to visit with, and they made time to chat with us and give us both a history lesson and a spooky story about the house across the street....

There are some folks who are just made to be innkeepers, and it appears that this is absolutely the case here. The breakfast was fantastic. Started off with cobbler, then a perfectly cooked quiche. Fruit, potatoes, and sausage rounded it out. The evening spent on the porch was absolutely great too.

We will be back. Don't steal my room!

P.S. Be sure to dine at Cedar Ridge. Best value / best food / best service around.

Room Tip: Best room is "First Lady's". Eisenhower room has private bath which you have to enter...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NM_Longshot
sadieAtchison, Owner at Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words!! It is folks like you that keep us doing what we do. It is really nice to hear that we might be doing what we should be doing :)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Mom and I visited the Tuck U Inn at the end of May. The owners welcomed into their time machine into the past. Our room was clean and had lovely decor and furnishings. Although we spent most of our time touring Atchison's many sites, we found time to enjoy books left in the room. The owners also offer a great video selection that tempted us but not as much as the comfortable bed invited a good night's sleep. We loved listening to the neighborhood birds as we sat on the screened in porch every morning. After our day's adventures, we rested on the outside porch each evening. Breakfasts were fresh and delicious with wonderful service in the sun room. Christine is a gifted pianist who charmed us with her talent during our stay. The inn is located so that it is easy to get wherever you want to go in Atchison, and the innkeepers are knowledgeable about the available eateries and tourist attractions. This is a great getaway for girlfriends, moms and daughters, couples, and folks who are working in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, but I was particularly fond of the President's Lady room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wildfloweroftheWest
sadieAtchison, Owner at Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much, Wildflower! Love having mom and daughters visit us...a perfect time for bonding no matter what age! I especially like your comment about "our time machine". That is what it feels like to us. You are always welcome back! Chris

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have stayed at many B&B's & quaint inns around the country, & would rate Glick Mansion right up at the top! Beautiful home with period furnishings that are "just right" for the house. Some lodgings have decorated the common areas nicely, with the rooms a disappointment. Not this one! In addition to our very special Annie's Attic, we had the opportunity to peek into some of the other rooms before guests arrived. Given my choice, I'd struggle to decide! And the food....absolutely delicious! Thank you, Chris & Loman, for doing what you do so well.

NOTE: Ignore my last two ratings below. I accidentally populated the bullets for pool & fitness center, which would not apply to this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Everything is wonderful at this historic house. Hosts are very accommodating. All the furnishings are chosen to make you feel like you have stepped back in time. Delicious breakfast! Comfortable bed. Definitely worth a visit! Yes they even have wifi! Also had a rollaway for our son.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My daughter has been working hard planning a wedding for a friend, and I took her here for a night to just relax and get some pampering for herself. We were greeted by the chirping birds and gorgeous flowers in the landscaping. The whole house is lovely; you could spend hours just taking your time to look at all the beautiful furnishings and details. After we got settled in our room, we headed downtown to eat, but brought our desserts back to enjoy on the screened-in porch at the front of the house. We watched a couple of movies from the inn's selection, slept great, and headed back to the porch for our breakfast. Chris served a scrumptious breakfast. We've stayed here several times over the years, and it is always a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: First Lady's Room is my favorite if my husband and I are here. Amelia's Room was ideal for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JeanneS0phie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atchison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Atchison
#11 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
#1 of 12 in Saint Joseph

Been to Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion? Share your experiences!