“We couldn't go!!”
Review of Aquanature

Aquanature
More attraction details
Owner description: The guided Snorkeling tour is a swim equipped with fins, mask and snorkel whose goal is to discover the submarine fauna and flora of the surrounding area. A half-day trip is ideal for an express discovery of the marine reservations surrounding Noumea. It allows a brief excursion on Signal Island to discover its nature trail or simply enjoy its white sand beach. Two 45mn snorkeling tours with a tea/coffee/biscuit break are scheduled on this half day .Week days 8.30 Am to 1.00 Pm / Saturday 07:45 am to 12:00 Full Day Trip /This type of excursion combines the pleasures of aquatic discoveries and those of a nature trail, with an expedition on a reservation islet of the South lagoon.The day trip includes two Snorkeling tours on two different sites, with a break either on Amedee Island or Signal Island. We all share a picnic on a white sand beach with view on the lagoon!Schedule :Every Sunday or on request for a group of 8 people / 9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm SPECIAL SCHEDULE FOR CRUISE BOAT ON REQUEST.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm giving this a good rating based on previous reviews even though we couldn't go. We were on a cruise ship and had booked for 9 of us. We got up early, were off the ship and walked to the pier where Aquanature were waiting for us. Unfortunately bad seas were forecast, and they were concerned about our safety and enjoyment of the tour. We were all very disappointed as the weather was sunny and not windy but appreciated the fact that they chose to cancel instead of just taking our money and going ahead with the tour. They had sent an email, but obviously no-one was checking their email on the ship early in the morning! I did think that they could have left a message with the ship but whether that was possible I do not know.
That evening at dinner we met a couple who had done a trip to an island and had booked through Holland America. They experienced rough seas and the woman was frightened on the 30 minute trip. She was assured by the crew, but obviously some tour operators think more about the money than the safety and comfort of passengers.
So congratulations to Aquanature for making the correct decision, even though we were so disappointed in not be able to snorkel.

All reviews
"royal caribbean cruise"
"an amazing experience"
"great trip"

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were on a ship and our times in port did not jive with Aquanature's fixed schedule. There was a large enough group that they adapted their time to fit with our schedule. Thanks for that!!

There was a mixed bag of experience levels from the "never beens" to the "have done it alls" and everyone was accommodated. Some chose not to go out for the second snorkel and stayed on the boat. We're somewhere in between the two types and had a great time, with the staff putting us at ease. I believe there were fourteen of us and there were plenty of "hands" to help us all get ourselves put together.

Thanks for a great day. Would love to do again!!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We did a half-day snorkelling tour with Aquanature and we highly recommend it.

When it comes to swimming and snorkelling, I’m an utter novice and I had an amazing time. In a small group of four people, we were guided around the coral reef by an experienced, knowledgeable, and respectful guide. We saw green turtles, oodles of fish, a leopard shark, a sting ray and a sea snake (and I felt safe and comfortable at all times!)

Aquanature are very responsible and professional and cater for all abilities (my partner is an accredited diver and he said that this was one of the best experiences he has ever had).

Very much a highlight of our Noumea trip!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I can highly recommend Aquanature. I am a rather nervous snorkeller. However, the crew put me at ease straight away. They offered support, extra equipment, anything I needed to feel at ease. We were placed into small groups of 6 with a highly experienced guide. I would never have spotted the wonderful turtles, sea snakes, eels without their expert guidance. All staff were warm, caring and knowledgable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Docked with Rhapsody of the Seas and headed to the Aquanature office - easy walk from the shuttle drop off point. We had a wonderful afternoon on a zippy catamaran crewed by Valerie, Frédérique and Roberto. Our small group was expertly escorted on a reef snorkel, allowing us to see much more than we could have on our own - rays, reef sharks, turtles, corals and of course beautiful aquarium-worthy fish of all shapes, colours and sizes. The boat had good quality gear available and neoprene suits so we could stay in the water longer, plus snacks and cookies available back on board. This is a great company and an experience that we would highly recommend.