“Another great experience”
Review of Aquanature

Aquanature
Ranked #8 of 48 Tours in Noumea
More attraction details
Owner description: The guided Snorkeling tour is a swim equipped with fins, mask and snorkel whose goal is to discover the submarine fauna and flora of the surrounding area. A half-day trip is ideal for an express discovery of the marine reservations surrounding Noumea. It allows a brief excursion on Signal Island to discover its nature trail or simply enjoy its white sand beach. Two 45mn snorkeling tours with a tea/coffee/biscuit break are scheduled on this half day .Week days 8.30 Am to 1.00 Pm / Saturday 07:45 am to 12:00 Full Day Trip /This type of excursion combines the pleasures of aquatic discoveries and those of a nature trail, with an expedition on a reservation islet of the South lagoon.The day trip includes two Snorkeling tours on two different sites, with a break either on Amedee Island or Signal Island. We all share a picnic on a white sand beach with view on the lagoon!Schedule :Every Sunday or on request for a group of 8 people / 9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm SPECIAL SCHEDULE FOR CRUISE BOAT ON REQUEST.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my second trip with Aquanature and again a great experience. My wife and had organised this excursion for our first day of our vacation in Noumea. Unfortunately, the day was not great with some wind and average visibility in the water. However, the team at Aquanature were, per usual, well organised and had picked a site best suited for the day. We snorkelled with positive, professional and helpful guides and saw lots of beautiful fish and many green turtles.

3  Thank RichCleez

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a wonderful time with the friendly and professional team of Aquanature. We are not very experienced snorkelers although we have done a day on the Great Barrier Reef.

We loved how everything was included in the package including use of wetsuits and gear. And that we had our own guide Valerie and Puzzi (the dog) for our group of four. Valerie looked after us extremely well and pointed out lots of things of interest to us, including an octopus and a moray eel. She also made sure we all kept together, and were safe and comfortable at all times.
There were two 50 minute sessions of drift snorkeling in deep water. So if you not comfortable in the water I could see it being a challenge. But the wetsuits helped a lot with buoyancy.

I thought it was better than than the Barrier Reef because we saw more marine life, better coral and the ratio of staff to passengers was far better. I also thought it was great value for money with everything included. We also requested the lunch option (at the last minute I might add) and that was no trouble. And my hat flew off while we were heading out. Once again, no trouble to turn around and gaff it up for me. I didn't even ask, Roberto the captain just noticed and got it sorted for me.

So all in all a lovely friendly and fun experience. Highly recommended. We had only one day in Noumea because we were on the Celebrity Solstice cruise. There were no problems with getting back to the ship on time.

2  Thank nznatann
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I think that the business has been sold since the comments about great for beginners. Part of our problems might have been a rough sea day. I found very little instruction or help for the beginners in our group. For those who have snorkeled before they had a great day. I as a first timer found it very tiring. I was forever enjoying the fish but had to rush and find out where the group was. The great large sandwich made a nice lunch. My wife had the most trouble. They did not have a wet suit that would fit her. The men’s xxl was tight and she had trouble breathing. Her mask fogged and no one told her how to clear it. It also leaked, no one had checked it and when she finally complained they fixed it. Lunch was on an island. The tide was out when we got there and getting on the boat to get out of the wet suits was not a problem. After lunch the tide was in and we had to step up on a large cooler and then step again as high onto the narrow ledge along the cabin. The hand rail was above the cabin windows a long reach. My wife slipped and had to have help so that she did not fall between the dock and ship. I found out later that she had also gotten sea sick before lunch. The boat went to another reef where I went just for a swim. The ladder attached to the dive platform was set so far in under it I needed help to get back on the boat. The five of us who were not experienced did not snorkel after lunch. All those with experience had a great time and loved the total experience

2  Thank Fieldagent648
aquanature, Manager at Aquanature, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Richard and Kathy
nice to ear you
Thank you for your review. I had to remember you because you've been visiting us 4 months ago...I'm very sorry if Kathy didn't feel good on boat but it was a rough day and everybody might be sea sick on that condition even if the boat is a big Catamaran 10 m long..
Our trip is definitively done for beginners but you're absolutely right : Not with windy condition...specially if people are over 60 ..I understand that it could have been tiring for both of you..I realize that I should ask people about their age and their weight ( to be sure we've got the perfect gear) when they are booking , but This is a little awkward ..
I really hope to see you again and we'll do our Best to take you in the water with perfect sea weather conditions and show you millions of fishes !! :-)
best regards
Valerie

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself and husband on short notice got on a dive trip, he has his PADI Open Water and I do not have any dive qualifications. We thought this would mean that we have to dive completely seperatly however they accomidated us and we were able to share the experience together.

What an amazing crew, they know the good spots and the price is bang on.

I couldn't recommend this dive company enough we had such a fantastic time!!!

2  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great guides led our group to view sealife during our snorkling excursion on a boat that was well equiped, providing everything we needed for a safe trip, including wetsuits fins and snorkling equipment.

1  Thank Hank632