“My Mistake”

L'Assiette du Cagou
Ranked #10 of 251 Restaurants in Noumea
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Went there 1 week ago - great restaurant and deserves a mention on Trip advisor.
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I booked a table for lunch at the restaurant next door but, because I'm dumb and blind, we had lunch here. My wife had the shrimp, which she enjoyed, and I had the mixed grill, which was pretty awful. The meat was badly overcooked and the sauces were like paste. The service was okay but nothing more. I arrived by accident and departed on purpose.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I got recommended this place by our hotel. It definitely lived up to its reputation. It's a mix of french and new Caledonian style food. It was a nice night out.

2  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed 13 March 2016

The food is served very simply, but is super tasty. All meals come with rice, veges, salad and coconut condiment.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Went there for lunch. As other reviews have stated there is a standard accompaniment of a Taro type purple salad, sautéed vegetables, coconut rice and a green salad with tomato.

My wife ordered a mixed grill which was truly excellent. There were 2 tasty sausages, a 2 pieces of grilled steak. The steak was so tender that it cut like butter.

I ordered grilled seafood which had 2 large pieces of fish and 3 prawns. Interesting presentation and excellent quality and taste.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I visited this highly rated restaurant with great anticipation. Unfortunately I was disappointed....
It was a weekday and it was very full so service was almost non exsistance ( understandable especially I do not speak French ). Anyway, the manager gave me recommendation and it was tasty local food. However, I have experienced symptoms of typical MSG food: very thirsty when I was on the way back to hotel!

1  Thank Ianfung