My wife and I spent 7 nights in Palau Plantation Resort in Feb 2013.
Initially we booked a suite/ villa as we plan to visit Palau with our boys. We reserved the villa and paid the deposit. However, we changed our mind and decided to go without the kids. By that time there was no more cabin room for us. The manager decided to give us a 20% discount to stay in the villa.
The villa was facing the riverside and the mountain. It's about 5 min trip by shuttle, 15 min walk by foot to the downtown. It's located inside the bush and dense vegetation, connected to the downtown with a small road. There were not many guests in this hotel, you seemed to stay in a hotel with great privacy. It was very spacious with an open kitchen and a living room. It's far more enough for a couple.
We used the kitchen every morning for our breakfast. We just dined once in the hotel's restaurant in the night of arrival. The food quality was reasonable but it's slightly overpriced c.f. those restaurant in the downtown.
We did not join the tours offered by the hotel as we dove for 5 days with Fish n Fins.
The only drawback was the poor Wi-fi signal in the room. Besides, the choices of channels of the cable TV was quite limited.
Overall the rating was good. For kids, you may want to stay in a bigger hotel with beaches and bigger pools. This hotel may be good for couples only. Last but not least, the guests here are mainly Japanese.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palau Plantation Resort is a South Pacific hideaway offering travelers a wide selection of traditional styled cabins, cottages and villas surrounded by the natural beauty of a tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Palau Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palau Plantation Hotel Koror
- Palau Plantation Resort Koror, South Pacific