DW Motel
US$143
US$139
US$146
  • Pool
Palau Plantation Resort(Koror)(Great Value!)
US$96
Palau Hotel(Koror)
US$125
US$103
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrock island cafedive gearheavy luggagewalking distancethe air conditioningwasher dryerother gueststea and coffeetour companiesfree waterthe main streetper hourno elevatorexcellent locationwould definitely stay here againrooms are cleanwifi card
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I stayed here a few days ago. Recently completely renovated with new furnishings. Very clean and has a coin laundry in the lobby area as well as a kitchen to heat things in the microwave. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Centrally located in the main village, across from the Rock Island Cafe.

Please do not confuse this with a formerly partnered property call the Palau Divers Apartel which is total garbage. Their website identifies them as DW, but they are not connected at all. We booked at that other property via website and demanded they cancel our reservation. They tried to make us pay a cancellation fee, but we refused. Their property is a cesspool.

DW is a first class motel and ideal for couples and small families. Hiro and Marie were awesome!

Room Tip: Doubles and triple rooms available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tdg1964
dwmotelpalau, マネージャー at DW Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your very positive comment!
We are also glad that you have enjoyed your stay.
Marie looks so happy to see your message.

I have found your pen in the safe.
Please advise me what to do with it.

Thank you again and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I reserved using the email address that was provided by a Palau tourist website...they have changed their name to Palau Diver's Apartel...what they did not mention was that they have moved to another location about 5 km west of central part of town...pretty significant piece of information they neglected as location was my ONLY reason for booking the place...while that was annoying, they still picked us up from the airport and dropped us off their (both times at middle of the night)...staff weren't bend-over-backwards friendly but when you ask for help, they will do what they can...none of the rooms have windows and room is very basic...but hopefully you're spending all you time diving and not in the room...it is still one of the cheaper rooms in Palau...and the room was adequate...few demerits for out of the way location...and worst of all, NOT informing me about the new & different location

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thelonious22
dwmotelpalau, オーナー at DW Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your comment.
It seems like the old manager is still using an old contact address of DW MOTEL to traffic the guest to his new accommodation.

The management of DW MOTEL has changed since 01 JUNE 2013 and it is currently under renovation. DW MOTEL will re-open from 05 August with a brand new furniture.

Please use the below email address for any future booking and query as the new management does not have an access to the old email address.

info@dwmotelpalau.com

The official English homepage will be launched very shortly.

Thank you again for your comment and look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

change to this place after bad experience, nice and clean room, mine with noisy refrigerator but not a big problem. Free use of kitchen and tea/coffee
the mananger is really nice, less the owner, wifi is 10$ days and probably slow as the rest of the island

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank gruperto
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I booked my stay at DW Motel through the diving centre that I used in Palau (Sam's). The stay was part of a package that included three diving days.
DW Motel is simple but clean and conveniently located.
The room where I stayed had two large beds, a couple of chairs and two tables. It had a TV but I did not use it, so I am not sure if it works or not.
The air con system works well, almost too cold, I would say. You do have a thick blanket on your bed.
I had no problem with my hot water. Compared to my other Pacific experiences, it was great to have hot PRESSURED water...way too rare in the region. The only problem I had was that the shower hangs quite low, so I had to kneel to wash my hair. Not too tragic, really.
Staff was friendly and very helpful. I asked them to pick me up at the dive shop to drive me to the airport and they did so at no extra charge. BTW transport from and to the airport is included in the stay.

Internet connection was slow as everywhere else in the island. The wi-fi deal at the Motel is quite good though. You can have wi-fi connection in your room for US$10 per 24hrs compared to US$5/4hrs charged by the national telecom company.

The Motel has no restaurant and the room rate does not include breakfast. I had all my breakfast at the dive shop and most of my dinners in nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Martyton
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed one night, they had a Bratz tv, no hot water, the room was dirty and the bed was like sleeping on a rock. I've never had a more uncomfortable sleep. The neighbours, owners and staff were sitting outside our room on a balcony drinking and yelling until the earling hours in the morning.

The next day we found new accomodation and when we tried to move our bags out and pay for the night, the manager held our baggage hostage and tried to make us pay a $450 cancellation fee otherwise he said he would call the police and they'd put us in jail. We ended up giving him $300 and we went to see the Palau Visitors Authority who told us we shouldn't have paid, they ripped us off and the police would have helped us because all the locals know that their motel is crap but there was nothing we could do.

Very unhappy.