“PERFECTION.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Koror
Los Angeles, California
“PERFECTION.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I opened the door to the reception area –– there might be 3 front desk agents, Jeehoon himself and his wife, and everybody would stand up with the warmest smiles, ready to answer any questions and help me out with more ridiculous request I may come up with. This was how everyone was treated EVERY MINUTE here.

Having stayed at high-end boutiques and luxury resorts where the faucet alone would outcost all the furniture in my room combined, I've seen nothing like this: Spacious rooms with all Korean appliances from shampoos to kitchenettes, minimal but highly functional; immaculate everywhere; and absolutely paramount service that's so human and so thorough; needless to say the most convenient location; and I have 3 big beds to myself.

For 4 perfect days, rain or shine, I loved coming home to Palau Paradise. Thanks to the staff and especially Jeehoon –– you're a great business man, and more so an incredible person.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Miaodotwang
Jeehoon, General Manager at Palau Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Ms. Miao,

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review of your recent
stay with us. I was so happy to read that you were pleased with our genuine guest reception, well appointed guest rooms, and landmark location. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement and reward to us all and we will try ever harder going forward.

We are glad we had the opportunity to answer all of your questions and help with your activities in Palau. We are not here to just sell rooms, but to facilitate our guests in making long lasting impressions of our beautiful Island.

Thank you once again for your interest in Paradise Hotel. I hope your previous stay and
experience will bring you back to our hotel on your next visit to Palau.

Best Regards,
Jee Hoon Ha
Palau Paradise Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hospitality is the name of the game at the Palau Paradise Hotel. It is not a fancy place, but the rooms are newly renovated, clean and super comfortable. The staff bends over backwards to make sure you have everything you need, and get the most out of your stay on their island. Anything you want to do, or need to get, just tell them, and they will handle it with a smile. I spent my birthday here, and they even put a card and some birthday cookies in my room for me, and made me a reservation for dinner at the nicest restaurant in town. Such a sweet thing to do!
The location is also ideal, as it is in the center of town, with restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance. There is even a coffee house with free wi-fi across the street (wi-fi is notoriously slow and expensive on Palau). They offer airport transfers, which I do recommend, as the flights in and out of Palau tend to be scheduled for the middle of the night.
Do yourself a favor, and spend some time with the warm, welcoming folks of the Paradise Palau Hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Quin M
Jeehoon, General Manager at Palau Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Ms. Quin,

I would like to thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review of your recent

stay with us. I was so happy to read that you were pleased with our cordial service and guest

rooms. We strive to exceed all our guest's expectations by providing warm, caring, and

personalized service at all times. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us

and we will try even harder going forward.

We are happy you enjoyed our little surprise on your Birthday and we hope you had a

wonderful time during the last segments of your world tour =)

experience will bring you back to our hotel on your next visit to Palau.

Best Regards,
Jee Hoon Ha
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

In November I went for my 4th diving trip to Palau. Until now, I had always stayed at the top resorts in Palau. This time my dive shop suggested me to try Paradise Hotel.
I was a little skeptical because I had never heard of Paradise.
I looked it up on paradisepalau.com and Trip Advisor and was comforted to see all the positive reviews.

I was a little apprehensive at first, being my first time in an economical hotel.
I stayed in an ocean view room with kitchenette as the deluxe room I wanted was previously booked. To my surprise, the room was very spacious, surpassed the room amenities I expected, and was extremely, extremely clean.
My room even had cookies and an evening gown! The hotel just opened in January so everything is very new and clean.

The location is prime as every restaurant, coffee shop, and shopping center is within five minutes walk.
The front desk ladies were very courteous and friendly and made me feel very welcomed during my stay. I once called front desk to my room to assist me with the wifi access point on my portable and she entered my room after removing her sandals.
I have never experienced that kind of care and consideration for a guest in all my travels!

The room rates are a third of the rates I was used to paying at the top resorts and the room itself and amenities are comparable if not better. With all the taxi fares and room costs I saved, I did two extra dives and splurged myself at the eateries. The only drawback I can think of is that the hotel does not have a swimming pool, but who needs a pool when you are surrounded by the most beautiful ocean in the world!

I normally just browse reviews, but this is my first time writing one.
I just had to let my fellow travellers know of this great deal. I will be back again next year. Paradise Hotel is a place for those in the know!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank itumosong
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for three days in August. This hotel had an outstanding staff. They were not only helpful, but very knowledgeable about Koror and the rest of Palau. The location is prime for going shopping in Palau (just 1 minute form the biggest grocery store in the country). If you enjoy diving and snorkling it is not far from many of the pick up points of docks. It is not a resort, but if you enjoy a laid back time in Palau, you will not be disappointed. The staff speak not only English, but Japanese, Korean and Tagalog. Give it a try!

ここのお宿泊はとても良かったです。

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank George B
Devonport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Very clean, very comfortable, fantastic staff who are always available to assist and eager to help.  Fantastic location in the middle of Koror, very close to great coffee shop with free wifi.  The rooms have everything you need, and are extremely clean.  I stayed in a room overlooking the street, however it was reasonably quiet, great air-conditioning, the bathroom was very clean, two very large beds and still plenty of room.  Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank seenthis
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was working in Palau and stayed here for 4 1/2 weeks. So not surprisingly the Paradise Hotel Palau became my home from home for a while. The best thing - the staff ! They were friendly, helpful and overall an absolute delight.

I spent the first 3 weeks in a room on the 3rd floor. Although the hotel doesn't look too flashy from the outside, I can say that my room was very pleasant - newly refurbished and spotlessly clean. The room was at the rear of the hotel facing away from the main street of Koror, which meant that there was very little noise and also that I had a nice sea view.

The bed was confortable, even if the pillow a little on the firm side for me. The room had basic self catering facilities (gas ring, crockery and a sink for washing up etc), which was great because I didn't want to have to eat out every single day. The air conditioning worked well and the flat screen TV had a good range of cable channels, including English language news and lifestyle channels.

For the last 1 1/2 weeks I had to move to another room on the 4th floor, as the self-catering room had been booked previously. Although this room had not been so recently refurbished and was not set up for self catering, it was still very pleasant. Again the front desk staff went above and beyond, supplying me with a microwave oven so that I could continue to 'cater' for myself.

The location of the hotel in Koror is great if you are looking for somwhere central. There are a number of supermarkets within in a couple of minutes walk, where you can get pretty much anything. Also plenty of restaurants and cafes close by if you want to eat out.

The Paradise Hotel is a small family run hotel, which I think offers a good standard of accommodation for a very reasonable price. I am likely to return to Palau again on business, and will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: Third floor for newly refurbished and facing away from the main street if you want quiet and a sea v...