“Really nice place but VERY expensive”

Palau Pacific Resort
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Koror
Dauin, Negros Oriental, Philippines
“Really nice place but VERY expensive”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have to admit that the resort itself was very nice. The location was sensational. The amenities were plentiful. The staff helpful and well trained but I will always find it very hard to award a resort that costs that much a 5-star review unless it blows my socks off.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Adam D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I went to Tokyo, Palau, and Shanghai for our Honeymoon. The trip included a 7 night stay at PPR. When I booked with PPR months in advance thru Ginger Oiterong
(Sales & Marketing), I requested a room that was quiet with an ocean view and then guaranteed an Ocean View room with our CC. After a few nights at other establishments around Palau we were ready for a romantic beautiful hotel experience. What we found however was that at PPR you overpay for an average experience (and by the way they charge you for the room in full prior to check out without your authorization). At time of booking we chose to pay extra for an Ocean View but in reality we had a ground floor Pool View that was incredibly noisy and had zero privacy - thanks Ginger for taking great care of the honeymooners. They could only move our room by the 4th night of our stay. In retrospect I should have saved the money, taken the less expensive Garden View and called it a day. In the other less expensive hotels we stayed at in Palau (and Tokyo and Shanghai) we were treated very well + given the extra honeymoon touch. Not the case at PPR… such a shame. Luckily we rented a car the entire trip so we could get out of the resort and eat a decent meal without being ripped off. We still had a great time in Palau despite the disappointment that was PPR.

PROS: Convenient and pretty manmade beach, Rooms are decent (clean, island vibe), the non-management staff they do have are hard workers and very nice, loved Tony at breakfast (cute pancakes!), best wi-fi available on the island. Turn down service was nice but inconsistent. Free minibar (consists of a sprite, local beer, and a water).

CONS: Inconsistent non guest oriented management (e.g. Neither did the GM, Ginger, or anyone else follow up with us after room change, no honeymoon greeting as in all the other hotels we stayed at in Palau and across Japan/China), food is overpriced and AWFUL (no one told us at check-in btw that our breakfast was included - so glad we skipped their free breakfast 3 days in a row), don't expect luxury service - not enough staff at all (e.g. don't dream of being served cocktails or lunch at the beach or poolside - its buffet service 3 meals per day).

Room Tip: Upon check-in ask to see the resort map and where your room is located. If it is in the 300's n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank magoo126
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've had the opportunity to stay at this property many times and have always enjoyed my time there. The dining is very good, especially the breakfast buffet, the pool is small but good and the beach, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Be sure to request an Ocean front room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pete S
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Absolutely one of the most stunning places I've ever visited. Staff is beyond friendly but not overly solicitous. Privacy is respected. Spotlessly clean and well-apointed suites and rooms. The dining facilities are well-planned and take the best possible advantage of the views of paradise. Excellent cuisine, making the most of local delicacies. I would live here if I could.

Room Tip: ALL of them are exceptional!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alyoop2
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

One of my absolute favourite places in the Pacific and one of the best hotels. For it's remote location, it is even better then you could hope for.

The service, attention to detail, and atmosphere are all amazing.

Even if you are not in one of the ocean view, the garden views are terrific and it's a very short walk to plunge into the refreshing water with great swimming opportunities and wonderful snorkeling.

All the food is quite nice and the staff will ensure you are provided all requests as promptly as possible. A wonderful spot I can't return to soon enough!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Ian P
Orange Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stay here for 4 days in July while making a pilgrimage to Peleliu. This is a wonderful place! Every single person we encountered was friendly; many knew the names of our family by the second day. They love to talk and share local culture and stories. The food is very good and you can get instant help planning just about any trip or event. Be aware that everything is somewhat expensive - but not really more than any other resort environment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dave M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort early July and fell in love with the resort. The staff was amazingly and genuinely friendly. The activities director remembered my name and was so helpful in planning fun. The food at the resort was excellent and priced modestly for a resort. The resort has all the amenities of a large chain, but has the quaintness of a small, personalized resort. There was a small problem that I encountered, but the manager was very proactive and solved my problem promptly and efficiently which was one of the best customer service experiences I've encountered to date. I can't wait to come back to the PPR!!! Beautiful grounds, beautiful rooms, and excellent staff

Room Tip: I had a room facing the fish pond. There are fish feedings at 0900 which woke me up, but it was time...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business