“Restaurant - absolutely shocking! Do not waste your time and money.”

Heritage Park Hotel Honiara
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Honiara
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My third visit to the outdoor pool restaurant was one of the worse experience in Honiara. The waiters and manager practically ignored me for at least five (5) minutes before setting a table for me, so I expressed my opinions to the general manager straight away; unfortunately the restaurant manager became very angry and asked me for why I wanted to see the general manager. Overall, please do not waste your money and time for lunch or dinner at Heritage Park Hotel in Honinara.

Unfortunately, the hotel provides very poor training to the restaurant staff for the past three (3) years. There is no evidence of service improvement since 2012.

Very very very service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Dennis M
Sanjay B, General Manager at Heritage Park Hotel Honiara, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Mr. Dennis,

It is regretful to note the poor experience you had at our poolside restaurant. We do run short of tables at times which leads to delays in guests being attended and having to wait. We are trying to increase capacity in the restaurant and hopefully shall be able to overcome the problem soon.

I hope the meal you had was enjoyable.

I am sorry we fell short of your expectations and hopefully the next time you are around you are able to experience positive changes which have been made.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Park Hotel Honiara

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a well-run hotel in an excellent setting. The staff are pleasant and most competent. Good food well served and then sit by the sea and sip a cocktail (or, in our case, tonic water). Highly recommended to holidaymakers and workers.

Room Tip: Insist on good sea view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you tumas for your very kind feedback. Hugely appreciated by all staff and management.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I attended a conference in Honiara and the organizer sent a list of 5 hotels to choose from. Never having been there previously, I relied on the reviews here to guide my decision.

While the pictures of both the hotel and reviewers suggested for me to keep my expectations in perspective, I was pleasantly surprised upon checkin. Clearly this is a hotel designed for international travellers and the service provided upon check in (with a welcome drink and someone to take my luggage to my room) was top notch. The hotel was far nicer than any pictures I had seen before and was spotless throughout, including my room.

My only complaint with my room was the shower head in the bathroom sprayed in every direction but down however managed to use it just fine.

The restaurant also exceeded my expectations the 3 meals I had while I was there. Fresh ingredients, tastefully created and presented gives the diner a number of interesting choices, and they were all quite delicious. Breakfast was disappointing in that the buffet selection was limited to traditional English style offerings, except eggs cooked to order. The breads were rather stale but other than that, nothing is stale when toasted :)

The gymnasium is well equipped and professionally managed. I used it every day and had my choice of equipment I normally use.

All in all, Honiara is not the sort of place to be demanding and this hotel certainly raises the bar for the area. Without a doubt, I will stay here again and is an excellent property overall. If I have to complain about slightly stale bakery products at breakfast and that's it, it is really good!

Room Tip: I have heard not to select rooms by the west side due to noise from a club beside the hotel, however...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GorillaMan1959

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. In the toughest of situations we try and thanks to remarks such as yours we feel encouraged and motivated to continue to strive to do better.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed 7 nights in this hotel in January and were very pleased with the accomodation. The rooms, gardens and surrounds were meticulously maintained. Our room overlooking the water had very efficient air conditioning, which made for welcome relief at the end of the day to escape the heat and humidity. The pool was exposed to the sun so by the end of the day became quite warm, but was very clean and well maintained. Wifi was at a cost, but worked sufficiently well for the Solomon Islands.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as it will suit most people who want a little bit of western comfort in Honiara.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D-and-C11
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Lovely, clean and comfortable rooms. Good pool. Good location. Room cleaning staff delightful and very good. Enjoyed our stay.
Although restaurant food average. Mistakes made every meal and very slow service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen242014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Heritage Park Honiara. Especially to Jane and Leezel for their top class service and hospitality. Great New Year event run by all the staff matched with the best acts including PNGs very own AK47 along with Sambalicious and Cat Thompson. Great food, very clean and updated rooms, perfect views of the ocean and timely pick up shuttle from the airport. Thanks again everyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you are traveling to the Solomon Islands, the Heritage Park Hotel is definitely the place to stay. The rooms are great and management and staff are helpful in ensuring that your purpose of travel to the Solomon Islands is achieved with ease and especially if you are there on business. I found them helpful in the allocation of meeting facilities and catering even at short notice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BeautifulSamoa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honiara
King Solomon Hotel
#3 of 8 in Honiara
Agnes Lodge
Agnes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Munda

Been to Heritage Park Hotel Honiara? Share your experiences!