“Compared to a world standard it's good, for the Solomons, it's fantastic”

Heritage Park Hotel Honiara
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Honiara
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Clean, quiet and cool. In the hot hustle and bustle that is Honiara, The Heritage certainly gives you a nice place to escape to. So what if the occasional gekko runs across the ceiling or the Pizza takes half an hour to get to your table. Solomon islanders have very cleverly adjusted their pace to the oppresive weather and we could take a few lessons from them in this respect. Congradulations to all the staff and managers for running the best hotel in Honiara.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Decided to splurge out & treat myself after deciding that it appeared that I wasn't going to spend very much money on local tours [difficulty in booking any tours without being ripped off]. My first impression on arrival at the HERITAGE PARK HOTEL is god this looks posh for Honiara! I had looked at this hotel over the internet & at first I felt it appeared to be very expensive when looking at the the other hotel options in Honiara, With my last 5 day experience and staying at 2 other hotels without being that impressed with their service......then why not treat yourself! I had walked past the hotel a few times before sorting out my budget & making a positive decision to stay. On arrival at the large front desk & with it's large open plan, ceiling fans & comfy seats with newspapers to relax & read, the young guy behind the desk came over as being very polite & friendly with a professional manner, when I jokingly said I expected a reduced rate per night for 2 nights, he replied that's fine sir i'll knock 15% off, the normal rate, normal rate for one night 1,850.00 SBD & with the reduced rate it came to 1,572.00 SBD plus the 10% tax on top, after agreeing on the rate I completed filling out the form with personal details etc & they requested a copy of my passport [no problem]. I was helped by the same young man with my suitcase to room 212, he explained that if you wish to take any drinks from the fridge they would be charged to your room on checkout, & a complimentary bottle of water was given. when the young man left the room I couldn't help wonder why I just didn't stay here for the whole week [then I remember the word BUDGET! that's why I didn't stay! I was very pleased with my room, all looked rather posh after my last 2 episodes with the last 2 hotels & saga. I was informed by the hotel staff that the hotel opened in August 2009, I couldn't wait to try out the shower in the bathroom & with a good water pressure I suddenly felt rejuvenated, a great feeling when sitting on the loo & having the confidence that it's going to flush on the first attempt! I sat outside on my large balcony admiring the the ocean view, [the balcony was almost the same size has the main room] a great breeze from the top floor & you also felt you weren't being over looked & able to maintain a degree of privacy. A nice clean pool made guests welcome especially in the heat, the restaurant area is very clean & the food was of high quality, small shop selling every day items with some souvenirs, Internet available & a little slow. Appeared to have many security guards at night, pleasant walks at night around the ocean front with a smooth clean walkway, the grounds of the hotel is also very clean & with great lighting especially on the front with all the different coloured lights. I presumed that most of the guests were business people and not for your average back-packers with their restricted budget. B/fast was well presented & the evening meals were well cooked with a good choice on the menu, can't comment on the alcohol prices [don't drink beer etc]. Spent the 2 evenings either mixing with hotel staff & guests or calling in at the local yacht club [if you'd rather pay for a cheaper meal]. After my enjoyable stay for my last 2 days in Honiara I felt that the service was of high standard, the staff were extremely polite & went out of their way to meat your needs & comfort, my only reservation or negative comment is that I felt that with the rather expensive room rate breakfast should really be included, this is just a suggestion & i'm sure the professional management would consider this idea for future guests........keep up the great service & good luck to all the helpful staff & hope to see you all again sometime.......& many thanks for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Adfter a horrible stay at the Honiara Hotel last year I viewed my trip in May with some trepidation. I needent have worried, as the Heritage Park Hotel was fantastic, easily as good as many of the more rated establishments i've stayed at in Fiji and Samoa. I'd go back here any time

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2010

By international standards this is a very ordinary hotel, however, by local standards this is by far the best of the three hotels I stayed at while on a recent business trip to Honiara.

I gather it is a fairly new build (1 year) and is generally clean with good sized rooms. All have balconies with either pool or sea view in a pleasant landscaped setting.

The rates here are much higher than other hotels in Honiara - but trust me, it is worth paying the extra..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I would just like to congratulate the management from the Heritage park hotel;
Your staffs are without doubt the BEST in Honiara.
From the moment I arrived at your hotel, I knew I was walking in to a professional establishment; now that’s hard to find in any other hotel in Honiara, believe me I have stayed in most of them!!
Your team of staff, from reception, bar, restaurant, room service, housekeeping.
Thank you for making my stay with you Flawless.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I stayed at this new hotel only because the usual hotel was fully booked due to national elections! The Heritage Park is a nice new facility in a good location. The rooms are WAY over priced, not only for the local market, but when compared to ALL other hotels of similar type in the Pacific and it is much more expensive than hugely better hotels in China!
The rooms are quite small, the furniture etc is new and very good. They have spent a lot of money fitting the place out and then they spoil it by using cheap and nasty fittings in the bathroom. The "shower head" is a water saver style, 7-8 jets of water spray into your chest and the rest forma dribble that sprays onto the floor. They used an el cheapo mixer style tap in the shower, which takes huge amounts of effort to get a balance betwen freezing and boiling, however be constantly on the alert for some one else to turn on a tap, because, as soon as they do you will be scalded or frozen, unless you juggle that mixer tap fast. They also scrimped on other fittings in the whole of the bathroom.
Food is excellent! Very high quality at dinner and lunch. Expensive when compared to local restaurants of similar quality but you do expect that from a hotel.
Breakfast would rate poorly. It is not included in the cost of a room as it is in most other Pacific hotels. It is a set buffet, with EXACTLY the same food offered EVERY day! This is however, one hotel that actually understands coffee. They have a very nice Barista who will make whatever you like, but again, they charge you for it, even with breakfast coffee is not supplied, you pay for everything and it is not cheap!
The internet is wireless and, once they work out how to get you connected it is a good quality service, via Bumblebee broadband. It also, is very expensive if you purchase the connection card through the hotel. Buy them at the post office which is only 100m away and save 50%. Also be aware that when you "logoff" from your wireless connection, you should turn off your computer or mechanically turn your internet connection off. I left my computer on whilst i watched a movie and the connection remained open and used up all my time and download.
The other way this hotel stings you is with the final bill! It is in local currency SBD, Solomon Island dollars. If you stay at this hotel, I would advise that you get the statement and go across the road to the ANZ bank get the full amount in SBD and pay that way. I paid by credit card, I checked the bank rates for the day to work out the cost in AUD, so I had some idea. When the credit card bill arrived the hotel had used an exchange rate in their favour and it cost me $200.00 AUD more than if I had paid in local currency.
The staff are freindly, the service is quite good but this is the hotel of last resort for my future trips to SI.
The "Business Centre" is room smaller than the bathroom in my hotel room, with two computers, that is it.
There is no shop on site to buy shampoo toothbrush etc. The linen in my room was not changed for the entire stay, including towels. The complimentary shampoo was 80% water and not replaced after the first use!
The hotel advises that "perhaps the tap water is not suited to drink" but give you one 500ml bottle of complimatary water when you arrive, anything else you have to buy!
Most of the above are quite minor in the overall scheme of things if you are staying in a $50.00 a night hotel, you expect that. But at OVER $200.00 AUD per night you expect more!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Nice clean rooms, and they have a very attentive staff. (The best in the Solomons)To attentive some times, hold on to your glass and such things or they take it away:-) Location is also very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honiara
King Solomon Hotel
#4 of 8 in Honiara
Agnes Lodge
Agnes Lodge
#1 of 2 in Munda

Been to Heritage Park Hotel Honiara? Share your experiences!