I stayed at Chester between a late arrival flight and early departure flight so cannot give this establishment a full review. However, it was adequate for my needs.
My room was a small room with two single beds and a ceiling fan, which cost $220SBD.
- The Brothers were friendly, as were other guests
- Bathrooms were clean
- Bed was comfortable
- Surroundings were quiet
- Situated on a hill, so nice breeze on the verandas or rooms facing the ocean
- There is a shared kitchen, but as I didn't use it, I cannot comment on it's cleanliness or function
- The resthouse is away from the main road and a little difficult to get to (i.e. I took a taxi and was glad I didn't decide to walk)
- Despite flyscreens on the windows, there were mosquitos in my room and beds did not have mosquito nets (not usually a big deal as I carry a personal one, but for only 5 hours sleep, I didn't think I'd bother and did wake up with bites - but this was my own fault obviously)
- Also Known As:
- Chester Resthouse Solomon Islands/Honiara