After coming from the Cook Islands (Rarotonga), Nuku'alofa was a little disappointing in that it was quite dirty in and around the capital.
Little Italy is supposedly the best hotel on the island, but it's still quite basic. It has a nice restaurant at the bottom where you also have breakfast, and all the staff were polite and welcoming.
I would really recommend hiring a car (we did, even for two nights) to get around the island to see what there is as there is nothing much to do in the centre itself. Note: You need to get a Visitor's Driving Licence from the Police Station which costs $40, but it's easy to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Little Italy Hotel offers 22 rooms, all with a different theme blend of Italian style and Tongan cultures surrounded by the warmth of the South Pacific, providing everything you need under one roof. Ocean view rooms have a private balconies with sensational views overlooking the Pacific Ocean make these rooms extremely popular. The hotel features a well-known Italian restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine, beef fillet steak, lobster, fish and poultry. A great range of rental cars at very competitive prices, Kayaking and Shuttle for Airport transfers & tours. The Royal Palace is just 1 km away, CBD and Talamahu Market is a 20-minute walk or less than 3 minutes drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Little Italy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Italy Hotel And Restaurant
- Little Italy Hotel Tonga/Tongatapu Island