“Lovely little BnB”
Review of Nerima Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nuku'alofa
Nerima Lodge
Ranked #12 of 22 Nuku'alofa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed for just one night before flying out of Tonga but would have been happy to stay longer! It is quite close to town. I was pleased with the facilities: I had a comfortable room, wifi, good breakfast - even had the weekly menu up on the bedroom wall which made my mouth water. Very helpful and accommodating hosts in Paul and Ta. They even let me have a shower before I jumped on my evening flight home (thank you!). Gave good tips about where to go and what to look at while in Tongatapu. Good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Davina L

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Nerima rates as a good option while in the capital of Tonga, Nuku'alofa. It is budget of course, but that said, it has a lot of advantages over, say, Toni's Guesthouse, which has various houses and probably more 'vibe' but is miles away from the town centre. Nerima is 5 to 10 mins walk along a (Tongan style) main street toj reach the village/capital. It has clean, acceptable beds (bit squished foam), spotless bathrooms, hot showers and nicely laundered towels. A small kitchen for residents and a homey feel and helpful house manager, Tomu, make it a good all round bet if you want to budget. The owners are friendly and Kiwi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wendy f
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Where do I start without getting teary from missing my new family @ Nerima Lodge!From the time I planned my trip and communicated via email with Paul (who replied back with an answer to my queries in no time) till the day I left Nerima after having spent 4 days I must say...AMAZING!!Nerima offers service and facilities that none other in the Kingdom can offer. The friendly,helpful Tomu(Onsite Manager) gave me a really good impression of Nerima the moment I arrived at the Lodge.All I was looking for was Cleanliness,close location to town,facilities like wifi,clean drinking water,breakfast n over all a place where i would feel secure and enjoy my 4 days there with no hassles. I received all I wanted at Nerima and I was really impressed. Paul n Ta ( owners) made me feel welcome and treated all of us as their guests n almost didn't feel like a Lodge but a home. They always popped by to greet their new guests and offer their assistance to their guests if needed. I miss them terribly and my experience had me asking Ta to book me in again for my trip there in Sept. I strongly recommend Nerima Lodge for any traveller's,single,couple families and so forth. I am so happy I stayed there and Nerima Lodge is my *home away from home*Thank you Paul, Ta and Tomu for making our stay so enjoyable and hassle free. Nerima Lodge is the best!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank HEPZ
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nerima is the place to stay if you come to Tonga. The rooms, bathrooms, kitchen etc was always clean and tidy i felt very comfortable and safe here. It is only a 5min walking distance to town which saved us more money. A huge bonus for the yummy breakfast Topai and delicious Papaya jam, mmmmmmn thanks to Tomu you are a great host always helpful, funny and friendly. It was good to have little George in the house too as i had missed my kids during my time away and he kept us in good spirits :) A huge THANK YOU to Tomu, she will help you if need be. I recommend Nerima Lodge to anyone visiting the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lani P
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Nerima is wonderfully located just a short walk to the centre of town. We couldn't have asked for better hosts. Paul and Ta went out of their way to welcome us, take us to the local shops and were fantastic in helping us to resolve a potentially very difficult travel situation where our daughter was almost stranded in Fiji on her way to Tonga to meet us. Rooms were very clean. Domu's breakfasts were delicious. Nothing was too much trouble. When we needed to leave early they offered to make us an early breakfast (heaps of food and delicious too). Thanks so much to everyone at Nerima lodge - you made our stay in Nuku'alofa so enjoyable. We would definitely recommend Nerima.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The thing that I liked the most about this great value option is that our hosts were friendly and so helpful when we had a near disaster with our flights. Paul and Ta were like very good friends to us despite not knowing us. They went out of their way to help to smooth out our problems and we had some great evenings just chatting about their interesting lives and experiences.
Rooms were good, recommendations they made for food and tours were excellent, and the location is perfect, right in town. Breakfasts changed every morning and were interesting and delicious (love that Papaya spread!) and they just went out of their way to make our stay perfect. We liked them so much that we came back at the end of our trip and went out to dinner with them!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Fantastic accommodation that was in a great location - a 5min walk to the centre of town, and far enough away that it wasn't too busy and noisy.
The accommodation was spotlessly clean and breakfast in the morning was delicious!
The staff and owners were wonderful and gave us some great tips of things to do and see while we were there.
Would definitely recommend!