“perfect mini-break”

Eratap Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My wife and I needed a break. Eratap was just the thing.

Our days went something like this: wake up - have beautiful breakfast at their lovely restaurant, snorkel, dip in the plunge pool (a perk of Villa 12), read a chapter of your book, go to lunch, snooze, kayak to an island, plunge pool, snorkel, dinner then watch a dvd before bed.

The restaurant is great. Better than anything we found in town. The resort itself is beautiful: perched on a peninsula with jungle behind it and white sandy beaches and coral reef around it. The villas are beautiful: comfy bed, A/C (although the fans were sufficient) and a TV for DVD viewings (the resort has an extensive collection).

The snorkelling is the best I have ever done. Ever. A million of the most impossibly coloured fish, coral of all shapes and colours too - a veritable marine garden of eden.

The people are smiley and accommodating. Tony and Louisa are really lovely people and that makes them great hosts.

Now, it is not cheap. That being said, I do not regret parting with even one cent of that bill.

We were only there for 4 days... but it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Room Tip: All villas are lovely. Villa 8 is enormous. Vilas 12 and 11 are very private.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank AussieWandering

Reviewed 7 December 2011

My partner and I stayed at Eratap Resort in Vanuatu and thought it was amazing! Would recommend this resort for couples!

3  Thank NatashaK82
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We have just returned from 1 week at the BEAUTIFUL Eratap Resort.We experienced staff who are committed to ensuring that everything possible is done to ensure you relax and go out of there way to please you. This place is so special it is difficult these days to find a place that adheres to such high standards of proffessionalism & service whilst being friendly, the fact that the people here manage to do so with a sense of genuine concern & pride to provide for your every need is truly staggering.
Our Villa was beautiful and spacious and right on the beach with stunning fresh flowers in the entry, the bathroom was well appointed, but I must admit we LOVED the outdoor shower.
A beautiful romantic dinner on the beach is a must.
We had no problem with the food, Candice the chef made sure everything was to your liking, and the Lobster with garlic butter ...divine .
And the breakfast's were fantastic.
The fresh coconut's great, Mac at just a mere suggestion of saying how much you enjoyed them would climb up a tree to get you one, delicious and you don't get any fresher.
I could go on & on but this is a place you really need to experience for yourself,
Eratap is relaxing, beautiful, friendly, and just an ideal getaway with everything taken care of for you so relaxing is the main prioty.
I can't thank Louisa, Tony, Pascalle ,Mary (your beautiful smile & friendly personality), and all the staff.
Thanks for a wondeful holiday.
( we have booked for next year already)

10  Thank Vickiillawong
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This resort matched the photos and descriptions that you see and read in advertising - friendly, clean, idyllic location. We would return in an instant. Being a little off the well beaten path is fantastic. The pot holed access road did not detract from the experience, although I could see that it might for some. Food is good but not great and expect to pay Aussie prices.

Room Tip: Villa 10 was great.
5  Thank SusanMAdelaide
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Wow... am struggeling to describe.. …paradise? Amazing? Relaxing? Beautiful? Relaxing? If my mind could conjure up all the things that make for a relaxing holiday and then condense them into one place it would be Eratap. This resort is just bliss. Im smiling as Im thinking about it. The villas are exquisite. The private lunge pool was a nice touch, as is the outdoor shower, little beach out front, day bed in the gazebo, 4 x sun lounges (2 in shade, 2 on beach). Day Spa was nice too. Perfect located for best ever honeymoon. The fact you can snorkel straight from the beach made it a daily occurrence. We stayed in villa 11 and you could swim diagonally from the point to the drop off (about 50 meters) to see some incredible nemo fish, blue damsels, zillion star fish, and loads of other fish. The meals are all amazing too. The chef, Candy, is world class. I took a fancy to the prawn and scallop salad as it is just delicious as was the fresh lime juice made by Walter. He makes a mighty fine coffee too (this is no small achievement as Im a soy drinker)
The locals are very proud of their country and will stand shoulders back with their chests out when talking about their netball stadiums and soccer fields. Our guide Robert was bursting to show us his village. This was one of my favourite outings during our stay and is a must do for any traveller to Eratap.
Pascalle did a fabulous job of organising a day trip for us around the island. This is also recommended. We swam with turtles and got up close to some coconut crabs (please refrain from ordering these at restaurants as they are endangered), managed to have a mud bath at the hot springs and then have another swim at a blue lagoon (yes, its blue) (very clear and very blue)
There is so much more to say, yet will leave it for my adorable husband to write in his review. Love to all at Eratap and thank you for everything, we will return.

Room Tip: they are all nice
4  Thank simmo888
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My Husband and I are spending our last night at the beautiful Eratap resort, we have had 7 blissful day in this well appointed, friendly environment. Tony, Louise and the staff ensure that you feel welcome and comfortable, nothing you request is to much trouble or to difficult. The resort is beautifully appointed and blends nicely into the natural environment, it is positioned on the most beautiful piece of coast trimmed with magnificent coral reefs. Swim in the warm waters, snorkel the beautiful reefs, lay in the sun or venture out on one of the well organised tour then return to the resort for a beautiful 5 star meal after which you can relax in your beautiful villa while the water laps meters from your door. Eratap has been a 5 out of 5 experience. If you come to Eratap consider taking the Volcano Tour to Tanna Island, My husband and I did and we cannot express the experience of standing on the rim of a live Volcano......Amazing !!!!

6  Thank Terri A
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have just returned from a week at Eratap with my wife and 3 and half year old daughter. We were delighted with the resort and had a fantastic holiday. The accommodation was 5 star as were the facilities and the staff. I wasn't fussed about the food (basic cafe food - eg chicken, steak or fish) but that was a very very minor point.
Overall I would say if you are considering a holiday in Vanuatu then definitely go to Eratap. There are a lot of middle of the road resorts in Vanuatu so if you want to avoid the dodgy ones do yourself a favour and go straight to Eratap.
My daughter also had a wow of a time. We stayed in 4 resorts in our time in Vanuatu and Eratap was easily her favourite. Baby turtles, canoe rides and the huge swimming pool were her faves.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family