“O'Brien family adventures in Vanuatu made excellent by Atmosphere Tours”
Review of Atmosphere Tours

and up
Airport Arrival Transfer
Ranked #4 of 72 Tours in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: It is not about what we know about our islands & our heritage, but it is how we let you see it through our eyes and our passion. Atmosphere is an indigenous Ni-Vanuatu company with a dedicated team who will inspire you with their passion, knowledge of and love for their country intertwined with their contagious sense of Melanesian humour. The Atmosphere team will do all that they can to ensure that you not only visit Vanuatu, but that you truly experience and appreciate it.
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My children Elijah (6) and Iva (3) spent 11 days in Vanuatu fro 24 Nov to 4 Dec. Someone special once said to me "make sure you have a fun life" and I have been living that with my babies since that day. AND fun we did have in Vanuatu especially on the tour with Atmosphere. Cause I only have two hands and travel with my two babies getting out and about can be a little tricky. I needn't have worried with booking my tour with Atmosphere, like manna from heaven Frazer was our tour guide and took my family to the Blue Lagoon, Turtle Beach and Aquana Beach Resort. My son had a ball swinging from the rope into the regal waters of blue lagoon led by our sensation tour guide Frazer and driver Kiki And i even braved a swing from the rope (twice). Iva floated in the gentle waters while the men of mayhem Elijah, Frazer and Kiki carved it up. Followed then by turtle beach. Frazer and Elijah had great fun swimming and feeding the turtles followed by chips and a beach dip. Finally we had a beautiful family lunch of Chips and Snitzel at Aquana Beach Resort (my new home) oh and btw we swam there as well! Frazer went above and beyond to make sure my children had some FUN, seriously this guy is the most beautiful tour guide in Vanuatu, and Kiki well he is gorgeous family man! Atmosphere is an indigenous operator and promotes the best Vanuatu has to offer... it is my pleasure to highly recommend this tour to anyone. Travelling with kids alone or with your hubby - Atmosphere has you supported

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"custom village"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Fraser and driver Gilbert treated us to fantastic day around the island of Efate. I got first hand experience of a traditional way of treating a cut, much better than modern practices
Highly recommend the Round Island trip, ask for Fraser and his infectious laughter

1  Thank GowerM
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our friendly, knowledgeable host Justin shared lots of interesting information with us, and was bubbly and fun the whole way round, even though he had to do the whole thing in two languages (English and French). The driver was pretty quiet but he did his job well too.

We enjoyed all the stop-offs, and although this is very much the tourist trail, it was still really worth doing. We had a lovely group (and not too large – 10 of us altogether), and definitely learnt a lot. We had anticipated rather a canned experience visiting the ‘traditional village’ and it was a bit like that in terms of people jumping out at us with bows and arrows in full traditional dress as we approached, and van-loads of other tourists, but once we were in we had a great talk from one of the village elders, and found there to be a real quiet pride and dignity among the people who genuinely want to preserve their way of life and are entirely upfront that tourism is the only way they can do this.

The rest of the stops were all beautiful too, and the scenery throughout the drive once we left Port Vila was lush and green with crystal clear blue streams here and there, little villages with adorable kids waving to us, and even things like the coconut plantations are really pretty. The Blue Lagoon stop was a bit overrun with visitors, but you can understand why as it’s such a perfect spot. The rest of the stops were quieter and we particularly loved the Havana Ecolodge where we had time to go snorkelling.

Tips:
- Bring swimming stuff and a snorkel if possible (not provided)
- It’s worth bringing something to stay warm in the air conditioned bus if you’re someone who feels the cold.
- If you have them, wear reef shoes or other shoes you can get wet, as there’s sharp coral / other rocks at Blue Lagoon and Havana. Don’t try and go in the sea at the hot springs as it’s really rocky.
- Bring insect repellent, especially for the village.
- If you have special dietary requests, let them know in advance and they’ll do their best, but it’s worth bringing some provisions too.

1  Thank Cath V
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to have this tour organized by some friends staying in Villa and thank good they did. We were on a cruise with a day in villa and having traveled here before we were not much a fan until we went in this tour. Alfred and Kikki were the best tour guides anyone could ask for they made sure they could give us as much information as possible in the whole of the tour. We did the the island tour that include morning tea and lunch. The highlight was a little short stop on the side of the road to meet Ernest the www2 coke bottle collector.
This tour is amazing value for money and that money goes back into the community and villages. Highly highly recommend

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a great day with Atmosphere touring Efate- The local village was informative and entertaining and the chief was clearly very passionate for his land and his family, Blue Lagoon was simply stunning even in a tropical down pour, Lunch at the resort was probably the only downside it was a long way to go on a bumpy road for pasta- the resort itself was beautiful and I could see myself going there for a lazy holiday. The Lolo-lima cascades were pristine, spectacular and uncrowded. The highlight of the tour was the wonderful but cheeky Fraser. I am pretty sure I can still hear his belly laugh all the way in Oz. Dont get ripped off on shore excursions from the cruise boats use these guys!!! You wont regret it!