“Marine Conservation Tour”

and up
CHIEF ROI MATA TOUR
Ranked #3 of 68 Tours in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: It is not about what we know about our islands & our heritage, but it is how we let you see it through our eyes and our passion. Atmosphere is an indigenous Ni-Vanuatu company with a dedicated team who will inspire you with their passion, knowledge of and love for their country intertwined with their contagious sense of Melanesian humour. The Atmosphere team will do all that they can to ensure that you not only visit Vanuatu, but that you truly experience and appreciate it.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife & I with our 18 year old daughter spent a day at Port Vila,Efate during our cruise on Carnival Spirit. Before we left home, we booked this tour on-line and it was great value for money. Everyone knows Frazer, and he was at the wharf to greet us with a fantastic smile & laugh. We transferred to our tour mini bus and our guides were Justin & Tristen. We first travelled to the Blue Lagoon for a refreshing swim. Then it was on to Turtle Bay & beach, where we enjoyed seeing the turtles from babies to adults. Also fed some adult turtles with paw paw in their special pool. Also had a swim at their lovely beach with crystal clear waters. Then for lunch we visited the very new Aquana Beach resort. Very nice set up there with lots to do. Our only disappointment was missing out on the kindergarten school visit, which could not be helped as it was a public holiday on that day. Would have been good to have substituted this tour stop with another attraction.

1  Thank David F
There are newer reviews for Atmosphere Tours

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Mum and I did the Cruise Ship Cultural & Blue Lagoon & Lololima Cascades Tour. We were not disappointed. Fraser and his driver Kiki where there to meet us nice and early when the ship arrived in port. Our day started with a tour to the Iarofa Cultural Village where we walked a short distance through the trees into the site. There were men hidden in the trees holding arrows and spears at us which really made for a unique experience. We learnt the customs and way of life of the tribe and witnessed a young man walking on fire. We stopped at Blue Lagoon where we had fresh fruit and drinks. The water was amazingly clear and blue, the grounds were clean and shady (which helped in the heat). We drove to Aquana Beach Resort where we were served lunch under a bunch of coconut palms overlooking the water. The meal was chicken and mushroom pasta with bread and it really was delicious but extremely filling. One of our last stops was at Lololima Falls which were stunning. I can't recommend this tour more highly. Fraser had us laughing from the moment we took off and I still have a chuckle to myself when I think of him. Our last stop was the duty free shop where they escorted us in and then back near the terminal for us to walk through the market and then back on to this ship. I will be using Atmosphere again when I visit Vanuatu again with my husband and children as I know they would enjoy every minute of it like I did. Well done Atmosphere, keep up the good work!

1  Thank Beckinoz
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My children Elijah (6) and Iva (3) spent 11 days in Vanuatu fro 24 Nov to 4 Dec. Someone special once said to me "make sure you have a fun life" and I have been living that with my babies since that day. AND fun we did have in Vanuatu especially on the tour with Atmosphere. Cause I only have two hands and travel with my two babies getting out and about can be a little tricky. I needn't have worried with booking my tour with Atmosphere, like manna from heaven Frazer was our tour guide and took my family to the Blue Lagoon, Turtle Beach and Aquana Beach Resort. My son had a ball swinging from the rope into the regal waters of blue lagoon led by our sensation tour guide Frazer and driver Kiki And i even braved a swing from the rope (twice). Iva floated in the gentle waters while the men of mayhem Elijah, Frazer and Kiki carved it up. Followed then by turtle beach. Frazer and Elijah had great fun swimming and feeding the turtles followed by chips and a beach dip. Finally we had a beautiful family lunch of Chips and Snitzel at Aquana Beach Resort (my new home) oh and btw we swam there as well! Frazer went above and beyond to make sure my children had some FUN, seriously this guy is the most beautiful tour guide in Vanuatu, and Kiki well he is gorgeous family man! Atmosphere is an indigenous operator and promotes the best Vanuatu has to offer... it is my pleasure to highly recommend this tour to anyone. Travelling with kids alone or with your hubby - Atmosphere has you supported

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Fraser and driver Gilbert treated us to fantastic day around the island of Efate. I got first hand experience of a traditional way of treating a cut, much better than modern practices
Highly recommend the Round Island trip, ask for Fraser and his infectious laughter

1  Thank GowerM
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our friendly, knowledgeable host Justin shared lots of interesting information with us, and was bubbly and fun the whole way round, even though he had to do the whole thing in two languages (English and French). The driver was pretty quiet but he did his job well too.

We enjoyed all the stop-offs, and although this is very much the tourist trail, it was still really worth doing. We had a lovely group (and not too large – 10 of us altogether), and definitely learnt a lot. We had anticipated rather a canned experience visiting the ‘traditional village’ and it was a bit like that in terms of people jumping out at us with bows and arrows in full traditional dress as we approached, and van-loads of other tourists, but once we were in we had a great talk from one of the village elders, and found there to be a real quiet pride and dignity among the people who genuinely want to preserve their way of life and are entirely upfront that tourism is the only way they can do this.

The rest of the stops were all beautiful too, and the scenery throughout the drive once we left Port Vila was lush and green with crystal clear blue streams here and there, little villages with adorable kids waving to us, and even things like the coconut plantations are really pretty. The Blue Lagoon stop was a bit overrun with visitors, but you can understand why as it’s such a perfect spot. The rest of the stops were quieter and we particularly loved the Havana Ecolodge where we had time to go snorkelling.

Tips:
- Bring swimming stuff and a snorkel if possible (not provided)
- It’s worth bringing something to stay warm in the air conditioned bus if you’re someone who feels the cold.
- If you have them, wear reef shoes or other shoes you can get wet, as there’s sharp coral / other rocks at Blue Lagoon and Havana. Don’t try and go in the sea at the hot springs as it’s really rocky.
- Bring insect repellent, especially for the village.
- If you have special dietary requests, let them know in advance and they’ll do their best, but it’s worth bringing some provisions too.

1  Thank Cath V