We have returned from Vanuatu having spent 7 days there for our 21st Wedding Anniversary.
Our first night at the le meridian, 3 nights at Hideaway and 3 nights at Tara beach resort.
Tara beach was the best by far. Snorkeling and fish feeding were amazingand just off the jetty. Dolphins passed by in the morning and evening which added that special touch to breakfast, and sundowner cocktails each day. We were also able to do reef fishing and our son did spear fishing with the guys. In the evenings we were serenaded by Sela (the owner) and his son Eric. You would simply love the experience of "Elvis at Tara"!
Christina does day trips around the island for those who are interested, Lulu entertained us on the patio of our bungalow with his guitar one afternoon while it was raining. Lulu, Carl and Christina went out of their way to make sure that everything was good and we were comfortable.
Everybody was very friendly - one afternoon we decided to walk to the village shop, before we realised it, James appeared with 2 bicycles and he accompanied our son on their cycle to the village.
The meals were great, freshly prepared, probably the biggest lobster we have had!
The resort is very new and only has 3 bungalows available at the moment with 6 or 7 in progress. The bungalows are very spacious and lovely and clean. Overhead fans throughout and a lovely patio overlooking the bay.
This is the place to go if you are looking for a special getaway with that personal touch that all the other resorts lack!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tara Beach is absolute beach front situated on 12 lush acres fronting picturesque Mele Bay, Efate, Vanuatu. With crystal clear, safe waters at your doorstep, we are the perfect spot for snorkeling, kayaking, swimming and getting away from it all for a while. We also have a chilled out open air bar / cafe known as the Beach Hut that is also open to day visitors and locals. Located about 15 mins from town & 10 mins to the airport, we provide free airport transfers for guests. All bungalows have tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge, with ocean views a few metres from your door included as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tara Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tara Beach Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Tara Beach Hotel
- Tara Beach Port Vila
- Tara Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Port Vila