“Amazing dive centre”
Review of Nautilus Scuba

Nautilus Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Watersports is the best known dive operator in Port Vila and has established itself as one of the most professional scuba diving centres in the South Pacific with over 30 years in operation.Facilities include a large training pool, gear washing and storage areas, equipment hire and servicing facilities for all your scuba diving needs. We dive from a very comfortable purpose built dive boat "COWRIE" We go out of our way to make sure you have the best possible experience right from when we pick you up from your resort. Nautilus Watersports specialises in all facets of scuba diving from introductory dive tours through to a full PADI course (Open water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster). Each dive is different to the last with coral reef drop offs, amazing fish life, a huge cavern, night diving and wrecks. You can even dive a sunken flying boat!Why not join us and "Dive in Paradise"
Auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing dive centre”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We dived with Nautilus 7 times in the first week of August 2010. Leanne and Pete (owners) were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The dive + boat crew (Chelsea, John, William, Jim and George) were amazing. Their safety practices were second to none and the knowledge they had of the area was great. We had such an awesome time, can't wait to go back!

2 Thank TravellingKiwiDiver

Papakura, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

A very professional operation. We had 2 great dives with Nautilus, and would recommend them to anyone. Probably the best dive operation I've gone out with.

2 Thank Styles79
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun, Safe, Knowledgeable, Professional, Beautiful”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We went with a group of unqualified amateur divers for a "Discover Scuba Dive"and had a blast. We dove off the twin bommies with Nautilus (Instructors: Will and Rich) and had an amazing time - the boys were fantastic teachers. They gave us a full safety and info briefing, clean, dry wetsuits and equipment that was in very good shape - masks fit, snokels had purge valves and all other equipment was new and modern. They ensured our whole group was comfortable both out of and in the water before allowing anyone under and supervised us appropriately the whole time. They made sure to point out all the really cool things to see, and the water was crystal clear and warm, with no strong currents. The coral and sealife was indescribably gorgeous and we felt safe the whole time. They were more professional than another mob we have dived with in the Australian Whitsundays, who (we now know...!) left out a few key safety instructions and the reasons behind the rules we have to follow. A delicious homemade cake and hot tea/coffee was served right after we got out of the water on the boat which was very welcome - diving is tiring! We intended to do our open water qualification through Nautilus because they are seriously half the price of AUS (about 31500 Vatu (about $330 -350 AUD) and the diving is so so so much better but 6 days of a chest infection and a flu bug made worse by excessive NYE celebrations did away with that plan. The owner did everything she could to accommodate and re-schedule our course and went above and beyond for us, but it was our fault that it didn't work out. You must dive with these guys, they are the most reputable, the most professional and the most fun team on Efate and their dive sites are second to none. We will definitely be back again to dive with Nautilus on our return to Vanuatu.

2 Thank kalei_lau
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great day with Nautilus Scuba”
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We had a great day out with Nautilus Scuba. It was my birthday the day we went out and they had a chocolate cake, candle and singing. Leanne who runs the business, picked us up from our hotel and was fantastic getting us organised. My friend was not certified but after doing some basic skills by the side of the boat was ready to go after an assurance from our Instructor Brian that he was not going to let go of her hand. He was great with the Beginners and then took me on an extra look around after the Beginners had gone back to the boat. All the staff were very professional. Brian, John and Jimmy made the trip fantastic and the gear was in great condition. We had a great time and would recommend them for all your scuba diving and fishing trips in Port Vila.

2 Thank HellsBells01
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nautilus Scuba Diving”
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Nautilus Scuba Diving is located near the centre of town in Port Vila. I did my PADI open water certificate here. The staff were very helpful and were very flexible with my course, letting me start on the same day I enquired.

They have a smallish swimming pool to learn skills in, which was well suited to the purpose. When I did my 4 open water dives, we went out on their boat, which is very well designed, and a much larger boat than some of the rival dive companies.

The dives I did were great; not too deep, as I was only just learning, and with heaps of fish. I saw barracuda, gropers, potato cod, trigger fish, parrot fish, wrasse, angel fish, butterfly fish, bat fish, puffer fish, a moray eel, an octopus, stone fish, nudibranch, anenome fish, ribbon fish and many more that I do not know the names of.

I was one-on-one with an instructor the whole time, so I felt very safe and secure. My dad (who has had his open water certificate for 27 years) came out on a dive too, and he was also impressed. They did some refresher skills with him, and he too was one-on-one with a divemaster.

I'm not an expert on dive equipment, but what they had seemed well cared for and in good condition.

Even when it was a dull and rainy day, the dive was warm and had good visibility, so diving is definitely a good option when the weather is not great in Vila.

2 Thank sentoga