We stayed at the Havannah for 4 nights in November 2013 for our honeymoon and we loved it. We splurged on a waterfront villa so our view was amazing. We had our own private plunge pool which was cleaned daily and would recommend those wanting privacy to stay in Villa 17. It is the most secluded villa at this stage. One disappointing thing about this villa was that it was close to the construction of new villas (great for the resort) but it just meant it was not as quiet as we hoped during the day. The resort definitely has some of the best views that Vanuatu has to offer.
The room was very spacious and clean. I would have liked the minibar to be stocked with at least the basics though. You could call reception for particular items but I would have preferred to have some nibbles and drinks in the fridge.
The food at the restaurant was amazing. We had indicated that we were vegetarian to the resort before we arrived as we had noticed that the menu only had a couple of veg options. The chef catered to us every day with a variety of vegetarian meals that were not only delicious but I felt well thought out. There was hardly a repeat of a meal and we dined at the restaurant almost every night. We also had a private meal on the jetty which was spectacular. My husband and I have never felt so catered to in regards to food before. This was certainly one of winning points of this resort.
We had a wonderful welcome by Frederick when we arrived and the staff were very friendly. Some wait staff lacked the polishing finishes (serviettes on laps, asking if you would like water) that you would expect of a five star resort but this was a very minor detail and did not take away from their general happy nature and their professionalism. I recommend the sunset cruise to everyone as well. It was romantic, serene and beautiful.
It is definitely one of the best places to stay and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havannah is Vanuatu's adult only luxury retreat for couples. Located just 30 minutes drive from the International Airport the Havannah overlooks the pristine waters of Havannah Harbour on the northern side of the main island of Efate. The tranquility of the resort makes it an ideal place to unwind and rediscover yourself and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Havannah, Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havannah Hotel Port Vila
- The Havannah, Vanuatu Port Vila