“Good food, great environment”

Vila Chaumieres Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 89 Restaurants in Port Vila
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great environment”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the Beef Wellington and it was really tasty, we sit by the lagoon, with lots of fishes and that was so relaxing. Well recommended!!!!

• Visited May 2014

Milan, Italy
“Not good enough for that price”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We had very high expectations but even if the setting is very nice we were a bit disppointed. The service is really too slow and the food on the avarage and it doesn t justify the price at all. They didnt even want to call us a taxi but they suggest us to go on the street. Definetely overrated

• Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Food that will leave your taste buds wanting more!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am a big fan of seafood and was looking forward to eating here. My expectations were fulfilled when the first meal was bought out to me, the Lobster Salad. The portions of the lobster were very decent. I ate this well prepared meal over looking the sunset.

The Seafood Pasta I had the following night was amazing, all parts of the seafood were fresh and you could tell this when it first hit your tongue. The side salad I had with this was a nice balance.

The prawns I had on the last night were fresh and in large portion. I have never had so many prawns served up to me that felt like a full meal, no need for desert that night.

The wedges were for lunch, a very nice portion served up with two sauces.

My girlfriend had the Beef Wellington and Scotch Fillet and thought they were well cooked and well presented.

• Visited April 2014
Darwin, Australia
“A little inconsistent”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Having eaten here previously were keen to experience it again and our entree of seafood crepe showed us we werent wrong in choice. It was quite a large serving and my travel companion had seafood bouillabaisse which was also wonderful.
The main meal however didnt follow the standard - i had the pork which ended up being a pork chop - cut quite thinly - and some rather tasty sauce - but it was considerably overcooked and the vegetables had so much garlic through them - i wasnt able to eat them at all.. so overall disappointed but if you only want a smaller meal - then can certainly guarantee the seafood crepe!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SDDarwin
Sydney, Australia
“A MUST visit when in Vila”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

AN absolutely stunning surprise to find this quaint restaurant/resort....(no kids alllowed at resort...hoorah)..THE Coconut Garlic Crab was GORGEOUS, as was the Museells & Pate .......and nice cold local beer.....THE service was a little slow, but that was because about 14 of us turned up u nannounced.......the delay was to be expected, and didnt concern my personally at all.....sitting above the water made it feel so serene.......a beautiful place to eat...

• Visited April 2014