“The best Tahitian fish!”
Review of Aqua on Erakor

Aqua on Erakor
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
The Channon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Tahitian fish!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband had the best Tahitian fish salad here. It was fresh, tasty and just delicious. Also great lime juices.

Visited October 2013

Milton, Australia
“Dinner was terrible”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband, myself and our grandaughter went for dinner, she couldn't eat her burger as it was very dry, our fishermans baskets were mainly chips, but desserts(we ordered 3 lemon meringue pie) took at least 20 mins to be told they only have 2 left. Okay.. 2 plus a chocolate dessert,another 10 mins 2 slices come out, 1 with no meringue, the other was small pieces all put together the look like a slice, no meringue, at 950 vt no way. Another 5 mins before I could tell them to take 1 back and I wasn't paying it, but I was told they couldn't take it off the bill as it was already on the computer..plus we are still waiting for the choc dessert, so they wanted me to have another dessert so I was brought something else out but still had to ask for the choc one as they had forgotten. 11,000 vt all up, not again for us.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank sharOnshaz2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food at a great price in a beautiful location”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having arrived late to our accommodation at Warwick we decided to head straight over to Erakor for an early dinner around 5pm. As it was after 4:30pm we didn't have to pay for the ferry over and once we worked out to turn on the light to attract the boat it was a pleasant trip over and good to be covered from the light rain. On arrival I requested the "family dinner special" menu which the waitress didn't understand. Thankfully the man behind the bar did as I had been emailed the menus from Erakor before our arrival and knew it existed. This is a great special available 5:00-6:00 with enough choice to satisfy everyone. As our daughter is only 18 months she shared our meals rather than order from the kids specials but other families did and they looked quite nice. For adults we got garlic bread to share, I had a steak and my husband chicken curry, and we both had an icecream sundae for dessert. Great value for 2500Vatu per adult. Being pregnant I asked for my steak well done and was pleased that it came out that way without tasting like overcooked rubber. Chips weren't very nice but. Husband loved his curry served in a coconut shell. At this early hour we had our choice of tables and a bit of room for our daughter to roam around. We checked out the beach area and the playground while we waited for meals. Once mains were cleared I asked for our icecream asap as baby was getting very tired but we still waited 20 mins. Waitress apologised but it was a bit annoying to have to wait that long for something that is not even cooked and they were not busy. They were quick with the highchair but I have to say this was one of the few places in PV where the wait staff showed no interest in our daughter. Everywhere else they wanted to entertain her and carry her around. We intended to go back again for another dinner and to try out the picnic baskets for lunch on the beach but the torrential rain kept us trapped at the Warwick. For both price and quality I think Aqua is a better choice than the food options at the Warwick

• Visited November 2013
Mullumbimby, Australia
“Bach again for more lobster!!!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We tried Erakor Island resorts restaurant last year in April & couldn't wait to come back again. So we did & were not disappointed. The atmosphere & location are fantastic. Best cocktails we had in Vanuatu! Great for a romantic dinner or take the kids & let them play on the beach, like we did. They even had live music on one of the nights we were there, which was great & added to the atmosphere. The service is a bit all over the place at times, (mixed up meals, forgotten drinks ect.) but it was in most places we went to in Vanuatu. I would recommend the lobster & coconut crab, washed down with a "pretty woman"cocktail!

• Visited November 2013
Bendigo, Australia
“Great food and even better setting!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great service, got our food quickly and it was delicious! Sitting out on the deck at night looking over the lagoon was spot on. The lights in the crystal clear water so we could see the fish was a good touch. Good price for the quality and amount of food!

• Visited October 2013