“2 Hour Rain Forest Ride”

Club Hippique Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 10 mins from Port Vila situated between panoramic hills and a blue water lagoon. We have over 600 acres of coconut plantations, rain forests, waterfalls and white sandy beaches to explore. With more than 50 horses and Ponies, we promise to find a horse that suites you.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Good fun, just not amazing. The ride was a pleasant walk around farmland with a short jaunt through some rain forest and finishing up with a swim on the horses.
Having done a few treks in other places before I would have liked to do a bit more than just follow the leader. The guide was polite but very quiet, not really talking for the duration and only pointing out a few things along the way.
The bare-back swim on the horses was novel and fun.
Like I said, good fun but maybe this trip is better suited to people who've not ridden before.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"lagoon"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went on a 3 hour beach ride and due to it not being peak season it was just the two of us with the guide. As a first time rider I was a bit nervous, but the staff selected a great horse for my abilities and after about 5 minutes I felt like I was doing okay. The ride took use through the rain forest and to the beautiful Erakor beach, where we had a swim at the most beautiful and deserted beach. We were picked up a bit late for the ride initially and this meant that we had some of our ride back in the dark. The guide offered to have us picked up, but we choose to ride all the way back under the moonlight and this ended up being a real highlight of the ride. I would certainly recommend a horse ride here while you're in Vanuatu.

2  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked a ride with my partner to go to "Banyan tree house" which was advertised as an amazing house built on a banyan tree, a totally inspiring and cultural experience!!! And I have to say that its true it was a nice house on a tree, but it's not something cultural, and it doesnt have to do anything with the local culture in Port Vila. We arrived at club hippique, took our horses (which will just follow the other horses) and had a short ride through some farms to arrive to someones property where this house is. Thats when we found out the advertised house is really a backyard project (which seems very interesting indeed, BUT ITS A PERSONAL PROJECT!!!) and definitively not worth paying $75 dollars, I asked the guides what was special about this house, they said "It's a house for the tourists", which was very discouraging.... . We were told the ride would be for 2 hours, including drinks and fruits, it was not more than one hour, and no fruits. A real tourist trap

2  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have arrived on a cruise 2 years in a row and booked a ride here through the ship. The horses are in okay condition, in need of a good brush, the people were slow to get organised all seemed to be waiting for the Boss to tell them what to do. Once on our horses the ride through the Palm tree plantation then onto bush tracks to the top of the hill was good and then back the same way about 2 hours riding. We didn't get to swim the horses the first time as they were running late but had a good experience swimming the horses on the second time around. Staff were very friendly. Would ride here again but going the same track does get boring. There was suppose to be a beach ride but they were not doing it at the time I was there. Riding in Port Santo this year in June 2014 for a new experience :)

1  Thank alilaussie