We just came back from a 7 night stay at Breakas in a garden fale (number 25 - next to the massage therapy fale, amazing massages). Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor I was prepared for a mixed bag with Breakas but from the moment we arrived and were greeted with big smiles and welcome cocktails we loved it. The room was leafy and cool, with beautiful wooden shutters and a high ceiling (with 3-speed fan) to keep the temperature nice. There are also mesh screens at the top to create air flow. The rooms are a little dark but that is easily fixed by turning on the main light and the two bedside table lamps. The lighting creates a nice ambience and is sufficient. We didn't spend much time in our room so the lighting didn't bother me. The bathroom was cool, with walls made out of stone/coral with open air at the top of the wall and a thatched roof - it was like showering in a waterfall. Fresh towels were delivered daily. The staff were lovely, they are pretty shy and can come across as disinterested but if you say hello and smile they instantly engage with you. One of the ladies saw that I had picked up a coconut and she immediately offered to open it for me, off she went with a huge grin, working away at the tough layers - the fresh coconut water and flesh was amazing. Every person who walked past our fare would smile and wave if we were sitting out on the porch and looking around. If you ignore them they won't intrude. George (the Aussie owner) was great, checked up on us after the first day to see if we were happy, and even gave us a ride into town one day.
When we arrived the room was filled with beautiful tropical flowers, and these were often replenished when our room was cleaned. It was a lovely touch. The pool is stunning (colder than the sea but very refreshing) and really clean. The rest of the amenities were great, there is a pool table on the beach and there are reef shoes, snorkels, masks and fins available for guests to use.
We didn't have breakfast at the restaurant (at around NZ$30 per person we had other spending priorities) but instead bought tropical fruit from the markets and muesli and yoghurt from the supermaket and ate that out on the porch everyday. That was perfect for us. We went to the Melanesian night and also had a superb dinner from the bar menu one night (the fish is super fresh). Check out the introductory scuba dive with Big Blue (they do a morning lesson in the pool), this was my first time scuba diving and I loved it, the guys are great and very careful, following the pool session we decided to go out on an afternoon dive and it was a highlight of the trip. The resort was quite quiet when we were there, but there were couples of all ages and everyone was friendly. We ended up having drinks with different people a few times which was nice. I really can't find fault with Breakas, if you are really high maintenance and things like no air-con (not that you need it) and an open air shower freak you out then it won't be for you. If you love those kinds of things then go for it. We had a blast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila