My husband and I have just come back from 8 amazing days at Breakas Beach Resort. We were looking for a place to relax and unwind, without being too far from the action of Port Vila. The other pre-requisite was to find a spot where my husband could have a surf - Breakas met all our expectations and more!
We booked a garden fare. Nestled in amongst the beautiful gardens, these huts provided comfortable beds, hot showers, and ample room to live comfortably for a week. If you are looking for something like the 5 star resorts you would find in Australia, then these huts are probably not the place for you, but I would definitely give Breakas the big thumbs up for luxury accomodation 'island style'.
All the staff at Breakas are gorgeous and upon arrival, we were given a very warm welcome. The staff were more than happy to assist with our enquiries and provide help/advice when needed.
We had planned on eating out in Port Vila a lot more, but come dinner time, we were happy just to stay and eat at the resort. The food there wasn't cheap, but was similar to prices you would pay in restaurants in Australia (you could have a good feed for around $30 in the evening, and lunches ranged from about $12 onwards). Our package included a continental breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, toast, pancakes and pastries. Some days we filled up so much, that we didn't really need to have lunch. Drinks were a bit on the expensive side ($6 for a Tusker beer).
Our favourite thing about Breakas is that it is right beside the lovely Pango village - have a walk through and see how the Ni-vans really live. Everyone gives you a friendly wave as you walk through, and many will stroll over for a chat. Stepping into a traditional village is like stepping into another world - it was a real eye opener. Ask one of the English speaking villagers how to get to the beautiful and secluded Honeymoon Beach. It was an easy 30 minute walk from Breakas. Take a bag of wrapped lollies or Australian souvenirs for the little pikininis (children) and see their faces light up in appreciation as you hand them out. The children there are so happy!
If you want to go into Port Vila, the local buses will pick you up from right out the front of Breakas for a fee of 150 vatu per person.Just flag one down, they come along every minute or so, and it's no problem getting back, no matter what the time of night.
My hubby had heard mixed reports on whether or not there are actually waves in Vanuatu, but his eyes lit up as soon as he saw Pango Point! The first few days the surf was a bit windblown, but after that he got some amazing waves. There were only about four other guys out there with him. Just watch out though, as the reef is right beneath you and can get very shallow, even on high tide wear booties and a springsuit just for extra protection.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Breakas and will definitely be going back. The only two negative things were that the village dogs barked nearly all night (but I wear earplugs, so that's okay) and perhaps the prices of drinks. Apart from that we fell in love with Breakas and highly recommend it for adults looking to base themselves at a relaxing place, without being too far from the action in and around Port Vila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila